How to revert back to stock 2.1 from Cyanogenmod 2.2?

Devilicus

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I sold my HTC Hero on Ebay last night and am trying to get it back to stock 2.1 so that I can ship it out tomorrow to the buyer; problem is, I haven't been able to find the stock ROM anywhere except HTC's site (I have a Mac, so I can't use HTC Sync to install it). I was running CyanogenMOD's 2.2 ROM on it before and really could use some tips on how to get it back to stock 2.1 from Sprint. Thanks guys.

wtphoto

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
really your only options are to either find a way to run the RUU or download and flash a rooted albeit completely stock rom like the one found here

I mean if they are going to root it they will more than likely check to see if it has a custom recovery and if they arent then they more than likely wont know how to check to begin with.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Won't resetting to factory default first, then using/installing the 2.1 os download from HTC's site solve this?

Yes. But he uses a Mac and the 2.1 RUU from HTC is for PC only. The only option to get this on a stock ROM is to flash a stock 2.1 and keep root or try the method Flipfone posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae