[ROM] NFX-Sprint.STOCK.2.32.651.2.ODEX.A2SD Updated:11/23/2010

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
NFX-Sprint.STOCK.2.32.651.2.ODEX.A2SD

This is the New Update from Sprint this is a completely stock rom with everything from the factory included.

You can use this as either an update or a full reflash, it will keep you data during istall. I still suggest a full wipe but it is not needed

Included Extras:
Rooted
Busybox
ChainsDD Superuser 2.3.6.1
wireless tether 1.6.0
Quick boot
A2sd 2.7.5.2
Memory Tweak Settings "1536,2048,4096,5120,11264,12288"
Overclocked to 691
Dalvik to Cache
Newest Sprint VVM

Apps added or moved to DATA: easier removal of most junk
com.estrongs.android.pop.apk
com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
com.siriusapplications.quickboot.apk
placeholder
Quickoffice.apk
Sprint_Navigation.apk
Sprint_NFL.apk
Sprint_Nscar.apk
Sprint_TV.apk
Sprint_TVWidget.apk
SprintZone.apk
wireless_tether_1_60_htc.apk

This should be more that an optimal setup for 85% of most users. If you feel the need to tweak further then you need to remove these 2 files from system/etc/init.d/ folder
File 1: 05dalvik2cache - controls dalvik
File 2: 06memtweak - controls memory settings
and then reboot.

I set this so you can flash and use with the best experience possible.
Enjoy

ROM NFX-Sprint.STOCK.2.32.651.2.ODEX.A2SD

Mirror NFX-Sprint.STOCK.2.32.651.2.ODEX.A2SD Thanks scott2020

New Flashable Radio - Download

New 691 OC Kernel Flashable - http://www.4shared.com/file/9VKiiF0R/Bootimg691ondemand.html

I will add a list of what was updated later but on a quick look thru, it seems gps, mediaplayer, some internal setting and the addition of sprint zone.

Last edited:

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
OC

Nfx

Just installed and looking good. I saw that it is OC'd, do I need to download one of those OC widgets to do anything with that or is it automatic?

I have never OC'd so I figured I would ask.

Thanks and nice work.

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Nfx

Just installed and looking good. I saw that it is OC'd, do I need to download one of those OC widgets to do anything with that or is it automatic?

I have never OC'd so I figured I would ask.

Thanks and nice work.

Added to the main post a OCkernel as I screwed up while building the zip and left the stock speed kernel in there.
I also Added the new radio flashable from recovery

Reactions: tonksnatcher

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
try flashing the new bootimg I posted on the first post

do i flash it as a new rom? or just flash as an add-on? (sorry!)

EDIT: also, i'm assuming you mean the radio?
EDIT #2: nvm. i clicked on the link and figured it out. LOL sorry.

Last edited:

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
ok, so maybe i'm denser than the average bear, but where do i go to delete the stock apps i don't want? I've tried using a file explorer and it doesn't work.

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
So far so good with everything. I flashed the new radio and bootimg and now it is nice and speedy.

The only issue I noticed is with my wifi. It is unable to start Wifi for some reason. I tried mutiple reboots and nothing. Not the biggest of deals since I only use that at home but I do like to use it.

and it did freak out on me once after I tried downloading angry birds from the market (which took about 15-20 minutes). I wanted to see if the OCing would help run angry birds smoother but its still too laggy. Once I deleted the app and stopped the music app from running (which it likes to do the first time I run a new game for some reason) everything went back to normal and it stopped freaking out. (by freaking out I mean running hot, burning up battery, and random reboots)

Thanks

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So far so good with everything. I flashed the new radio and bootimg and now it is nice and speedy.

The only issue I noticed is with my wifi. It is unable to start Wifi for some reason. I tried mutiple reboots and nothing. Not the biggest of deals since I only use that at home but I do like to use it.

and it did freak out on me once after I tried downloading angry birds from the market (which took about 15-20 minutes). I wanted to see if the OCing would help run angry birds smoother but its still too laggy. Once I deleted the app and stopped the music app from running (which it likes to do the first time I run a new game for some reason) everything went back to normal and it stopped freaking out. (by freaking out I mean running hot, burning up battery, and random reboots)

Thanks

I'll check into that it should have been the correct module, but maybe i screwed up

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ok, so maybe i'm denser than the average bear, but where do i go to delete the stock apps i don't want? I've tried using a file explorer and it doesn't work.

if they are on system you need to enable the root on es file explorer so it can mount system and the ones on data you shouldnt have any issue deleting

Alvin

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Installed the new 2.32.651.2 but do I revert to a custom ROM?

Hi

Nother noob query: have a rooted hero and has been running Beezy's honey-bun rom. After getting the mandatory messages on my phone and reading this thread, I installed nfinite's NFX-Sprint.STOCK.2.32.651.2.ODEX.A2SD. But now what? it seems a bit slower than it was ... do I reflash beezy's rom? another rom? will that change the new updated firmware and radio?

Happily awaiting advice ...al

Alvin

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Problem with wifi when I install bootimg691 kernel

I'm having the same problem! It says unable to load wifi ,,,, its fine when I revert to the pre kernel installation (thank you nandroid)

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
something is wrong with the OC Kernel, I nand and started over and came up with the same "unable to load Wifi" problem after I flashed the kernel

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
something is wrong with the OC Kernel, I nand and started over and came up with the same "unable to load Wifi" problem after I flashed the kernel
Sorry about that i need to recompile the module , just havent had the time with the holiday. hope to get it done by tomorrow.

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about that i need to recompile the module , just havent had the time with the holiday. hope to get it done by tomorrow.

Any update on that?

I've also noticed a couple of things with this ROM - When i have a notification (not one in the bar, one of those grey pop ups at the bottom) like when I snooze my alarm, or when i change the ringer volume, it sometimes takes awhile for that dialog box to pop up on the screen which can get really confusing.

Any ideas what I can do for that?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Question: I just purchased a rooted hero off of a friend and I was curious if I could flash this rom to it and activate the phone. It would save me the hassle of ruu'ing back to stock, activating, and then rerooting. I'll do that if I have to, but at heart I'm basically lazy and want to do it the easiest way. :D

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You should have no problems having the phone activated if you have a stock sprint ROM such as this one. it's the AOSP ROMs that have problems with activation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC