aospGBMod v0.2.1 | AOSP 2.3.1 (Gingerbread)

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and loved it. but I need the camera so back to aospmods froyo. Try downloading it again, flash the new clockwork and wipe every thing.

Sent from my froyoed hero on sprint using tapatalk pro!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a good ROM. Using it daily right now. Just like Flipfone said, make sure you wipe everything before flash (boot, system, dalvik, factory reset).

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a good ROM. Using it daily right now. Just like Flipfone said, make sure you wipe everything before flash (boot, system, dalvik, factory reset).

My question is how do I flash the new clockmod 3.0 with the img file? My Clockwork is 2.5.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My question is how do I flash the new clockmod 3.0 with the img file? My Clockwork is 2.5.

Download the file and place it on the SD Card. You will need to download Terminal Emulator from the market to use commands and push the recovery to the phone from the SD Card. Assuming the name of the recovery file is the same as the link posted in the first post:

Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc-20110122-192636.img
reboot recovery

You should see the SU Permissions when you enter the SU command, accept it. The phone will reboot into recovery and you'll be good to go. :)

**Edit**
Camera now works in the latest release, you should update the thread title so others know :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you downloaded the file did it download as a .img or .txt? Because I just tried to download it twice and it came up as a ~3mb .txt file.

Make sure the name of the recovery is the same as the input path in terminal.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Must be a Mac thing :( lol

Double check that the file is on the root of the sdcard and double that the file name is the same as the input in terminal. sometimes a "." or "-" may be missing and it won't flash.

If you can't get it into recovery, boot back up and download the old recovery from ROM Manager to get back up an running.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The Terminal is saying flash_image: not found. Tried numerous other workarounds only to get endless bootlooping.

When you downloaded the file did it download as a .img or .txt? Because I just tried to download it twice and it came up as a ~3mb .txt file.

Make sure the name of the recovery is the same as the input path in terminal.

First thing run this command
Code:
ls /system/bin

if "flash_image " is there try running this command
Code:
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

Then run
Code:
su
Code:
cd /sdcard
Code:
flash_image recovery recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc-20110122-192636.img
Code:
reboot recovery

If it fails when you do the chmod on the /system/bin/flash_image post back,Ill post a new flash_image file and everything needed to get things going.It's either the file isn't there or the permissions are not set right.

Reactions: chefkeyser

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Download the file and place it on the SD Card. You will need to download Terminal Emulator from the market to use commands and push the recovery to the phone from the SD Card. Assuming the name of the recovery file is the same as the link posted in the first post:

Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc-20110122-192636.img
reboot recovery

You should see the SU Permissions when you enter the SU command, accept it. The phone will reboot into recovery and you'll be good to go. :)

**Edit**
Camera now works in the latest release, you should update the thread title so others know :)

Do I need to hit enter after every line?

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
If it fails when you do the chmod on the /system/bin/flash_image post back,Ill post a new flash_image file and everything needed to get things going.It's either the file isn't there or the permissions are not set right.

Flash image isn't in the system bin list.

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That way initially caused a few boot loops. So both images should be in the same folder and one should just have a xxx placeholder?

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
if you use ROM manager you can flash it that way too. method 2 here ==>> Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery - ROMRepo

Ok, here is what I did, as it seems my only option.
1. Downloaded 3.0.0.5 to sdcard.
2. Renamed old 2.5.0.1 image to xxx.img
3. Renamed 3.0.0.5 image to 2.5.0.1-heroc.img
4. Flashed Latest Clockwork from ROM Manager
5. Rebooted into recovery
6. Phone rebooted, no recovery

chefkeyser

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Now the HTC screen again. Hmm...
It worked once, so I tried rebooting again, and it's the HTC screen once more. It seems like it works sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463