Problem with getting into recovery.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I rooted my wifes cdma hero with z4 root. This one click root doesn't flash a custom recovery to the phone I found out. So I downloaded rom manager and used it to flash clockworkmod. It said it was successfully flash but it will just hang at the white screen after choosing recovery from boot menu. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent From My "Salvage Evo" Using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
To get into the custom recovery you need to power off the phone, hold home+power one until you see the recovery. It will be black screen with green text.

Let me know how it goes :)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So is this different then holding the volume button and power to boot screen and selecting recovery or is it basically the same thing?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So is this different then holding the volume button and power to boot screen and selecting recovery or is it basically the same thing?

Yes. I don't think you can access the custom recovery via that method.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I will give it a try when I get home from work tonight and let you know what I get.

Know of a reason nothing on the market will download? Says starting download but it just stays there and never downloads.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Not off hand. Are you using wifi or mobile network to download? I would try disabling wifi and toggle mobile network off then on and give it a try.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so it hangs at the white HTC screen.

Sounds like recovery didn't flash properly. Give it another try with rom manager if it still does then you might have to do it the manual way. Doing it the manual way is not that hard at all. It can either be done thru sdk or a terminal on your phone.
If the market is still acting funny trying going into settings and clearing the data on the market.

@srk if you need any help shoot me a pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol