Sprint Hero Voicemail (VVM)

k1492

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Using the very useful threads here on AC, I've recently rooted and loaded the "aospMod | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo) [12/10/2010]" ROM onto a Hero based upon a suggestion by chefkeyser in another thread. I've worked through most issues, but wife noticed that the 'voicemail' app was missing. After doing a bit of searching on the intertubes, I've found flashable zips of the .apk attached to an Evo thread or in a Hero thread discussing a Cyanogen ROM. My question is might I be able use one or the other of these zips to flash or is the Sprint VVM apk specific to the hardware (ie. works only on the Evo) or taylored to a particular ROM (ie. works only with Cyanogen)? If neither of these will work, does anyone have a flashable VVM for a Hero running the Froyo ROM that I listed above? Thanks for any help here.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to do a little work around to get the visual voicemail app to work. Here is the Wiki page that discusses the two options: Install Sprint Visual Voicemail - ROMRepo

If you have the .apk already it should work with one of the two methods above. Otherwise, a modified version is provided in the link above. I just got Google Voice and will be using it in lieu of VVM - didn't want to hassle with the workarounds anymore. Be sure to make a Nandroid Backup of the phone through Recovery. It will make restoring your current setup a lot easier. If you need any help getting through the VVM process feel free to ask.

**Note** if you don't want to purchase Titanium Backup a free alternative is called "my backup pro", I think. It's in the market and does the same thing.

Reactions: k1492

Frodo79

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Im having the same problem. But Im not using an AOSP rom. I decided to use CM7 RC2. Not only do I not have VVM I can't even call my voicemail. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I will contiue to search the the forums for any answer.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
@Frodo You can use the methods I posted above; should work with the CM7 RC2. Give it a try. If not, I would still suggest using Google Voice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar