Need a themer to help me out a bit

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ok guys - I have a special project and need one of you theme/graphics wizards.

I need as much as possible switched to greyscale. Icons, widgets, etc. It's for my own build here I'm toying with, and rather than try to keep from going crazy digging and swapping the images, I'm just gonna ask for help :)

In return you get to play with something different, and are free to distribute it as you like.

Sound fair?

holler at me.

daryelv

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

I need as much as possible switched to greyscale. Icons, widgets, etc. It's for my own build here I'm toying with, and rather than try to keep from going crazy digging and swapping the images, I'm just gonna ask for help :)

In return you get to play with something different, and are free to distribute it as you like.

Sound fair?

holler at me.

Count me in. It would be nice to give back a little since you've given so much for us.

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

Sound fair?

holler at me.

hahaha I'm willing to test your project..I'm still using you gumbo 1.5c:D

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. Let me clean it up a bit, zip it up and put it on the net. I'll PM each of you a link to it.

This will be even better :) I'll have 3 versions to play with.

@spj - whenever I leave the house I flash back to 1.5c myself :)

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. Let me clean it up a bit, zip it up and put it on the net. I'll PM each of you a link to it.

This will be even better :) I'll have 3 versions to play with.

@spj - whenever I leave the house I flash back to 1.5c myself :)

lol i have tested the 2.1 version and they seem to be ok but there are few things that are buggy..so I prefer for the official release and you tweaking it.:D

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
awesome I'm excited to check this out! So let me make sure I have this right, for all the stock app icons, anything with any color in it that will show up on the phone, just pull the apk, unpack it and open up every icon and just change it to grey scale? easy enough.

Its the least I can do for the guy that created the rom that made me love my phone :D

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Heres some I've done so far. Hopefully this is what your looking for. I tried to change all that I felt would be good. I didn't know about button presses and instances where there were multiple icons that looked similar and had a few different colors....I didn't touch those. Let me know if you were looking for something different though and I will try harder next time :)

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download greyscaleiconssigned.zip

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
ok cool.
Just a couple more before I head off to bed.
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download greyscaleiconssigned.zip
A handful more that I grayed the icons

I don't know if you or anyone else wanted this, but here is a translucent rosie, and the bars removed from behind the lockscreen clock. The wallpaper is still there though, and I couldn't find the top bar in the new framework. I don't plan on releasing anything under my name so anyone else can use these, I just figured I'd help ya out a little with the Grey icons you want.

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download translucentrosiesigned.zip

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
ok cool.
Just a couple more before I head off to bed.
A handful more that I grayed the icons

I don't know if you or anyone else wanted this, but here is a translucent rosie, and the bars removed from behind the lockscreen clock. The wallpaper is still there though, and I couldn't find the top bar in the new framework. I don't plan on releasing anything under my name so anyone else can use these, I just figured I'd help ya out a little with the Grey icons you want.

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download translucentrosiesigned.zip

thanks for the share.

Again - very nice. Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for.

Thanks
Im in love with this rom..outstanding job:)

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Heres some I've done so far. Hopefully this is what your looking for. I tried to change all that I felt would be good. I didn't know about button presses and instances where there were multiple icons that looked similar and had a few different colors....I didn't touch those. Let me know if you were looking for something different though and I will try harder next time :)

the messages icon has a white background..just a heads up:)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice. Getting a lot to pick from here. All you guys are doing great work and i really appreciate it!

It's not really a mystery ROM lol. It's just what I use when I wanna play 2.1. If anyone want's to take the reigns and release a full blown ROM from it, I'm happy to help out.