Sprint 2.1 leak

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
No go on second flash...same exact problem. This is horrible =(

Edit: after it rebooted, it had a different clock on the main page....that has never happend before.

On all wipes and reflash it has that clock with the clouds and stuff.
This time it was the small London clock...
Very strange.....

Delet that clock then go to settings>applications>manage applicstions>htc sense clear data it should restart rosie with the regular clock.

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else have any thoughts or suggestions? Beezy has been more then helpful, but I think we are stumped.

Edit:
I noticed on the Android System Recovery Menu under WIPE, "wipe battery stats".

Anyone know what that does, before I give it a shot?

Last edited:

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi where can u get live wall papers from?? I downloaded. From market but won't work. Also how do I remove sprint apps?? I am already rooted and running 2.1 with gumbo

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else have any thoughts or suggestions? Beezy has been more then helpful, but I think we are stumped.

Edit:

i wiped battery stats each time i installed and nothing negative came of it. give it a shot.

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
oluvinu, as far as removing sprint apps, on the first page of this thred.....
You want 2.1 with fixes in place, Sprintware removed, a nice lite custom version of the "stock" ROM
Then you want to see beezy420's thread here:
2.1 Lite!!! Option 4
This is the one you want lol ^^

What's removed-
Sprint tv
sprint nascar
amazon mp3
nfl
stocks
etc.

I don't know about live wallpaper...sorry.

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Edit:

That was going to be my next guess.I would also try to drain the battery and give it a full charge.After all that i (hate to say)but think your have a issue with the phone its self.:confused:

Quiquemaracas1234

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i need some help some one please
i am trying to recover my hero to the 1.5.2 v, i got the leaked version of sprint 2.1 and i didnt like it i am reading the how to repair your bootloader after using 2.1 RUU

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i need some help some one please
i am trying to recover my hero to the 1.5.2 v, i got the leaked version of sprint 2.1 and i didnt like it i am reading the how to repair your bootloader after using 2.1 RUU

Jump over to the how to repair bootloader thread and ill try to help as much as i can.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Correct, live wallpapers requires 2 more programs... Livewallpaper.apk and livewallpaperpicker.apk
One is the app the runs it (you can't see it in the menu) and the other allows you to pick it from the add wallpaper menu.
Both of these apps need to be placed in the /systems/app/ folder. If you don't know how to push them, then do as mentioned and flash the two zips as they 1, make it compatible with sense, and 2, place them in their proper place.

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Since my last post, I have been looking at all the settings and what not.....just trying ANYTHING at this point and noticed something.

Under menu/settings/about phone/battery....I tapped battery use and there are 4 things showing.

Cell standby: 46% "battery used by cell radio" time on 30m. What the heck is that? I can't even find a radio on this phone.

Phone Idle: 35% "battery used when phone is idle" time on 23m.

Display: 15%

Android System: 4%

Is this normal? Seems like "cell standby" is awfully high and again....Cell Radio?

I know I'm reaching.......but heck......

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Since my last post, I have been looking at all the settings and what not.....just trying ANYTHING at this point and noticed something.

Under menu/settings/about phone/battery....I tapped battery use and there are 4 things showing.

Cell standby: 46% "battery used by cell radio" time on 30m. What the heck is that? I can't even find a radio on this phone.

Phone Idle: 35% "battery used when phone is idle" time on 23m.

Display: 15%

Android System: 4%

Is this normal? Seems like "cell standby" is awfully high and again....Cell Radio?

I know I'm reaching.......but heck......

Mine look pretty much the same as that.;)

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok........This just popped into my head, and I feel like an idiot for not thinking about it earlier, but my wife has a hero....IF my battery is bad and I pop it in her phone to see if it does the same thing on her phone, will it corrupt her phone as well? Would that be dangerous?

And IF it is MY battery, suggestions on where to get a new one cheap'ish?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok........This just popped into my head, and I feel like an idiot for not thinking about it earlier, but my wife has a hero....IF my battery is bad and I pop it in her phone to see if it does the same thing on her phone, will it corrupt her phone as well? Would that be dangerous?

And IF it is MY battery, suggestions on where to get a new one cheap'ish?

I was going to ask something like this,try putting her battery in yours and the other way around,then you could see if it was YOUR phone or battery.

Edit; Cheap just take hers.lol..j/k. Try http://store.androidcentral.com/android-batteries.htm or ebay, but id get a new one it might cost a little money but don't want to have problems with a battery if that is the problem.

Last edited:

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It's my phone =( It appears that after the initial install of option 1 my phone became unstable.

Swapped batts with wife's....both phones where fine for 2 hours. I was so happy, so I added Facebook and sync'ed and my phone crashed again. So I thought, great, it's Facebook. Uninstalled it and it still crashed. Reflashed, didn't touch Facebook.....crashed.

So, Is there a way to get COMPLETELY back to 1.5 stock? So that I can try to get a new phone?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
It's my phone =( It appears that after the initial install of option 1 my phone became unstable.

Swapped batts with wife's....both phones where fine for 2 hours. I was so happy, so I added Facebook and sync'ed and my phone crashed again. So I thought, great, it's Facebook. Uninstalled it and it still crashed. Reflashed, didn't touch Facebook.....crashed.

So, Is there a way to get COMPLETELY back to 1.5 stock? So that I can try to get a new phone?

i could be completely wrong,but i don't think you can run the stock 1.5 RUU since you ran the 2.1 leaked RUU.I beleive you have to wait till 2.1 is released then run that.
(from front page)-some things to consider:
1. This flashes a new radio, hboot, everything. You'll probably never ever be able to root your phone once you do this.
2. If for some crazy reason the official Sprint 2.1 release uses an older version of hboot or the boot image, you won't be able to install it. Ever.
3. You will NOT be able to roll back to 1.5 if you wanted to. Again, never ever.

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I was under the impression that,
How-To repair your bootloader after using the 2.1 RUU
Somehow got phone back to original, so you could load or flash a 1.5 Ruu

Bah!

eqchaid

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I found this post and something he wrote caught my eye, maybe this is what my phone is having issues with. Because it seems that I can recieve phone calls. But when I try to turn on the phone via menu or power, thats when it reboots. Perhaps its button related.

The line that caught my eye will be in BOLD

sjprivitera wrote:

jonny,

Q: Arent there still some glitches with the 2.1 flash? I know it works for the most part.

A: Yeah, there are. Bluetooth, as I understand, doesn't work that much better than 1.5 (I don't use BT), there's a weird bug where if you push Menu twice to unlock to the home screen it acts as if you pushed Menu three times (the menu pops up - there's a fix for this, though), some people experience audio issues (again, there is a separate fix for this), and some people experience 100% wake times that appear to be caused by app-related incompatibilities, but not really sure. I had the problem and removing Slacker seemed to cure it.

I searched and couldn't find the "Fix" he was referring to....Anyone have ideas?