Sprint 2.1 leak

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Android Terminal Emulator for Android - Tools (since yer an appbrain guy too ;) )

install it, open it and run those commands right on your phone.

i actually just started using appbrain tonight. saw the link in your sig. i like it so far.

<edit>
ok, its working. i hate the fact that the terminal emulator makes you switch to the symbol input in order to type a "/" though. now to try to get swype working....
</edit>

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i actually just started using appbrain tonight. saw the link in your sig. i like it so far.

<edit>
ok, its working. i hate the fact that the terminal emulator makes you switch to the symbol input in order to type a "/" though. now to try to get swype working....
</edit>

I figured I'd join the fun tonight.

SeaLander

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a wipe error:

Error: run 'wipe dalvik' via adb!

adn

Error: 'run 'wipe ext' via adb!

do I just rename signed-CL157175 to update.zip and move it to sd?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting a wipe error:

Error: run 'wipe dalvik' via adb!

adn

Error: 'run 'wipe ext' via adb!

do I just rename signed-CL157175 to update.zip and move it to sd?

Ignore the errors. That's a bug in some versions of the recovery image.

Don't rename the zip. Just find it in the menu and choose it.

I'm out for real now. LOL

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a newbie and rooted my Sprint HTC Hero for the first time today only because I couldnt wait to try 2.1.

I installed the #2 option from the first page of this thread and my phone is up and running now. I also installed the market fix.

I still have the following problems...

first all my previously installed apps showed up in the market for a short time in the downloads section (but in uninstalled status) and I reinstalled a few before I left to check out other things thinking I would get back to it. This was a mistake since now my previously installed apps (with version 1.5) dont show in the download section of the market anymore. I didnt think this was a big deal and figure I would just search for them but now I see some of the paid versions dont exist. For instance "my back up pro" doesnt exist...only the free version is there. Also "touchdown" isnt there...only the trial version.

the second issue is that my work exchange server still wont connect when trying to setup an email account. It wont authenticate. This issue existed in android 1.5 but I thought 2.1 was supposed to resolve the ssl issues. SO now its back to touchdown to make the exchange account however since the market doesnt show the paid version let alone the fact that I already purchased it previously, I will be forced to purchase it again on the touchdown website and install from there. That sucks but I have to have my work email so I guess its the price I pay for rooting and hacking.

another issue I am seeing is that the haptic feedback on the buttons while typing on the keyboard is erratic. sometimes it doesnt feedback with the same intensity. This of course is a minor issue but its none the less annoying.

Thats what I have found thus far which all in all isnt too bad and the ROM so far looks to be solid enough for everyday use. Thank you to the DEV's that are making this leak/ROM work for us!!

One last question...do any of you forsee any issue we might have upgrading to the official 2.1 release when it happens. Will we be able to just upgrade OTA like everyone else?

btw I didnt see google earth in the market either...I thought this was coming in 2.1?

Last edited:

mcfarlan#AC

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
@barelysoda...agree with you on the market issue. I installed the market fix but cannot link to some of my paid apps like Weatherbug Elite and Twidroid Pro. There is a fix for it though, I think it has something to do with using a Desire build prop or something like that. It will probably be fixed when gb is feeling better.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just did this update using option 2 last night.

The guides linked worked really well, congrats. The only confusion I ran into is that root and recovery are referred to as the same step and different steps across some of the guides linked from this thread (and then from those guides) so I was confused for a bit by whether I needed to do something additional to create custom recovery or not after rooting.

But everything is great and working now except...

None of the optional HTC widgets (like battery, the one I really care about, but also dice and etc.) will install. They'll download, or load from my sd card, try to install, and fail on install every time.

Is anyone else getting this problem? Something to do with 2.1 perhaps?

The_Shadow#AC

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
First of all, Thanks to everyone that has worked on getting this stuff to a usable state.

I flashed to option #2. Market is working without the fix. Most everything else I tested is working. Much fasterr than stock.

And then...

Sprint TV doesn't work (I am new to android so this may be common)
wifi tether doesn't work (just says it can't, does it require the market and superuser fix?)

Any help appreciated.

Did I mention it's fast?

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
First of all, Thanks to everyone that has worked on getting this stuff to a usable state.

I flashed to option #2. Market is working without the fix. Most everything else I tested is working. Much fasterr than stock.

And then...

Sprint TV doesn't work (I am new to android so this may be common)
wifi tether doesn't work (just says it can't, does it require the market and superuser fix?)

Any help appreciated.

Did I mention it's fast?

i just fired up sprint tv and it working fine. i'll try wifi tether later, but i think it will require the superuser fix.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
is it possible to remove just the sprint tv widget and leave sprint tv installed? or do i have to remove both to get rid of the widget (since i don't need said widget running when i have it on no screen).

also, anyone try installing a custom lock screen yet? or am i the first to attempt it?

Last edited:

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
and on the lockscreen note, don't try installing one of your old custom lockscreens. you will be stuck in a reboot loop (guess how i know). now to call blizzard about having the battle.net mobile authenticator removed from my account so i can re-add it (can't play World of Warcraft without my "old" one and i like the security).

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
For wifi tether try this:
Turn on wifi tether so both the red and green numbers are on in the bottom of the screen
Hold power button
Turn Airplane mode on
Hold power button
Turn airplane mode off
try it out and see if it works.

***You may need to do this even after you install superuser permissions.***

Last edited:

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I own a moment with hacked 2.1, for the streaming problem we had, we had to change our RTSP and HTTPPD addresses to 0.0.0.0

By using the ##3282#, multimedia, entering msl, then resetting the address portions.

Im not sure how it works exactly on the hero. Maybe a dev here can figure that out?

It also fixes the pandora not streaming problem we had.

Hope this helps

The_Shadow#AC

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
For anyone following this. I installed the superuser and market fix and my issues disappeared. And if you are on the fence, it is totally worth doing.

Just saw your posts, thanks for trying to help. I was afraid of adding the fixes on the comments about having to re add the widgets and such, but everything is still working with no extra work. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know if anyone using the leak has been having the audio dropout problems that a lot of people have been reported on all the 2.1 based roms.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Clear Lockbar

I put together a zip for the clear lockbar.Always do a nadroid back up before just incase something goes crazy.

Moved,look in the mods and add-ons thread.

Just incase you don't like. Revert to stock lockbar..

Moved,look in the mods and add-ons thread.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173