How-To repair your bootloader after using the 2.1 RUU

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
that's the same issue i was having. it took me a while but you can fix it I use this to fix it. it was a pain using that rom RUU 2.1 that's what i was worried about when sprint release the official ver. I wouldn't be able to load it since i couldn't load a custom rom http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...pair-your-bootloader-after-using-2-1-ruu.html

You linked the same thread you posted :p

Anyways, I would recommend retrying the steps again if you are getting the red triangle.

Quiquemaracas1234

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i am trying to install a different rom after installing the sprint 2.1 leak, i ama still unable to tether with this version so i am looking for a newone, i also perfomed a nandroid backup, currently have a 1.5.2 flash rom on my sd card but not sure how to apply it

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i am trying to install a different rom after installing the sprint 2.1 leak, i ama still unable to tether with this version so i am looking for a newone, i also perfomed a nandroid backup, currently have a 1.5.2 flash rom on my sd card but not sure how to apply it

Boot into recovery, choose wipe, wipe data,dalvik,ext, then choose flash zip from sdcard choose the zip that you want to flash.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Note, if you wipe from recovery, you will not have any operating system on the phone.
Make sure you have a zip in there with a ROM before doing so.
If you wiped and don't find anything under Flash .zip, you can mount the sd card on your computer using the USB-MS toggle in the recovery.

aarronbittick

May 16, 2010
Visit site
error

1. Make sure you have the Android SDK installed. Read HERE for more info.

2. Download 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download flash_image.zip

3. Download 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img

4. Unzip the first file, and place both in your Android SDK/tools folder.

5. Make sure USB debugging is ON

6. Connect your phone to the PC

7. Open the command window and navigate to the Android-sdk/tools folder on your computer.

8. At the prompt enter the following, one line at a time followed by enter
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
exit
exit
adb push flash_image /system/bin
adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image
reboot
9. Your phone will reboot. When it is finished, back at your command window, once again enter
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /sdcard
flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img
reboot recovery

10. With any luck, you'll have the recovery image back and can load custom 2.1 based ROMS again.

SO after typing adb shell i get $ the I type su, and i get acess denied. help:confused:

daryelv

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
SO after typing adb shell i get $ the I type su, and i get acess denied. help:confused:

What did you install? Can you show the whole filename? The older 2.1 RUU you can do some fixing, the newer one which has Release Keys you're SOL right now until someone roots it.

Can you run the older RUU on top of the newer one and see if you can get root access back?

-Daryel

Vertig0

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
What did you install? Can you show the whole filename? The older 2.1 RUU you can do some fixing, the newer one which has Release Keys you're SOL right now until someone roots it.

Can you run the older RUU on top of the newer one and see if you can get root access back?

-Daryel

unfortunately you cant go back... I have tried,
RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.29.651.1_signed_release.exe
RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.2_signed_release.exe
RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.20.651.1_signed_test.exe

and I all I get is incorrect bootloader.. I just hope I don't get the same error when the release comes out...
:(

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
This bootloader fix was for the previous leak, not the newest one. This will not work with the newest one because its not rooted. As you see, the step where you type SU fails. This is getting root access to the system files (superuser).

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is this essentially Root for 2.1, or is this for people that had a previous root and decided to update to RUU release?

yes: people that had a previous root and decided to update to RUU release,

to undo. but if they installed the 2nd leak as rufflez said they are stuck.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
any particular reason why I cant downgrade to a previous 2.1 leak?

TIA!

if you used the newest RUU to update then you will have to hope the devs find a way to root the phone and cant go back until then. If you used a custom ROM then you CAN go back to an earlier one.

Vertig0

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
if you used the newest RUU to update then you will have to hope the devs find a way to root the phone and cant go back until then. If you used a custom ROM then you CAN go back to an earlier one.

unfortunately, I used the new one, am I going to get the same error when the final RUU is release?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy