Mods and Add-Ons

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
can you tell me how to partition properly so i dont lose my market app

You should only have to partition one time. Unless you decide to change the sizes.first,backup everything on your sdcard.Then boot in to recovery,choose partition sdcard.Then these are the sizes I use,you can choose different. 32 swap,528 ext,the rest is fat, which is what you can see when you plug into computer.After that is finished while still in recovery choose Usd-ms-toggle.Then plug phone into computer copy over a rom that you like.Then flash that rom reboot.Now you should have everything set up. After your fully booted plug your phone into computer,open command prompt,enter these cmds.
adb remount
adb shell
cd data/app/
pwd

if it returns system/app you have everything right and have apps running on sdcard.

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Does the AOSP dialer mod only work for certain ROMs? I'm trying to install on a phone that has Fresh ROM, but the dialer never changes after I flash the zip. I tried it a couple times and also tried Beezy's suggestion to clear dialer data, is there anything else I can do or other dialers I can try?

Thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Does the AOSP dialer mod only work for certain ROMs? I'm trying to install on a phone that has Fresh ROM, but the dialer never changes after I flash the zip. I tried it a couple times and also tried Beezy's suggestion to clear dialer data, is there anything else I can do or other dialers I can try?

Thanks!

Have you tried to clear defaults,not data?

soo4i5

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for a simple black keyboard but haven't had any luck installing them. i have tried a couple from here and xda but can't install them through astro. can someone help me out?

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to clear defaults,not data?
Maybe I should start another thread about this, but I'm having an issue that is keeping me from getting into "Manage Applications" now. Whenever I select that, I get an error message: "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've read about this on a couple other threads and thought that wiping/re-flashing would do the trick, but I just wiped (factory reset and wipe Dalvik) and flashed a new ROM, and am still getting the same problem.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this? Aside from not being able to try the AOSP dialer I think I'll have other problems if I can't get into Manage Applications.

Thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I should start another thread about this, but I'm having an issue that is keeping me from getting into "Manage Applications" now. Whenever I select that, I get an error message: "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've read about this on a couple other threads and thought that wiping/re-flashing would do the trick, but I just wiped (factory reset and wipe Dalvik) and flashed a new ROM, and am still getting the same problem.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this? Aside from not being able to try the AOSP dialer I think I'll have other problems if I can't get into Manage Applications.

Thanks!

What rom are you running?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
when you 1st flash the ROM you CAN get into apps however after you install 100+ apps then manage apps crashes. i dont know the eact number but its around 100. Is that your issue aaron1981?

soo4i5

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
the first one i get install from sd card...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:no signature (2 files)
E:verification failed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36