10-24-2011 10:36 PM
129 ... 3456
tools
    ok thank you very much
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Recovery] CDMA Sprint [07-Mar-2010] RA-heroc-v1.6.2

You can download the newest (1.6.2) recovery image by Amon there.

XDADeveloperWiki - CDMA Hero ROMs

clockwork and Godspeed recovery's can be found in the above link just in case 1.6.2 doesn't work for you.
    beezy likes this.
    06-23-2010 06:00 PM
    awesome thanks a ton.

I'm at work so when I get home I'll give it a try.

What rom do you recommend? I'm not really sure what rom to use.
    06-24-2010 11:10 AM
    awesome thanks a ton.

I'm at work so when I get home I'll give it a try.

What rom do you recommend? I'm not really sure what rom to use.
    Why not try them all? Make sure you make a Nandroid backup immediately after getting root so you can always return back to that point in time if you need to.

After that, flash away and see which one best fits your needs. Just make sure you flash Heroc ROMs only. Beezy has some good ROMs that you can try and more can be found @XDA which include AOSP ROMs and Ports.
    06-24-2010 03:51 PM
    thanks for the recovery image!

IT worked like a champ and I now have a rooted phone thanks for the help
    I could have never done it with out you.
    06-24-2010 07:37 PM
    alright I just did the fresh rom 2.1.2 and when I turn my phone on i just get a bunch of force close errors. am I doing something wrong?
    06-24-2010 10:47 PM
    alright I just did the fresh rom 2.1.2 and when I turn my phone on i just get a bunch of force close errors. am I doing something wrong?
    Did you wipe data and dalvik before flashing?
    06-24-2010 11:23 PM
    no I did not.

how do i do that?
    06-24-2010 11:29 PM
    no I did not.

how do i do that?
    First make sure you have the rom.zip on your sdcard,then power off phone.Then hold home,hit power(while still holding home)till you get to recovery(black/green menu.Then scroll down to wipe.Wipe data,dalvik,and ext if you have one set up.Then re-flash the rom,reboot and hopefully everything is good to go.
    ***When you wipe you lose all your data.
    06-25-2010 12:47 AM
    awesome worked like a champ.

and now I'm running a new rom. and it sure is alot better.

thanks for all your help.
    06-25-2010 11:53 AM
    Will this work for Cellular South hero as well?
    06-27-2010 04:57 PM
    Will this work for Cellular South hero as well?
    Not that im aware of,think this will only work on cdma sprint hero.I think i saw a thread somewhere anout this that might be of help.Ill try to find it.
    jman83 likes this.
    06-27-2010 05:09 PM
    Thanks! I'll keep looking.
    06-27-2010 09:22 PM
    do these instructions work for 2.1?
    07-06-2010 11:57 AM
    do these instructions work for 2.1?
    Follow the link in this post: http://forum.androidcentral.com/180598-post86.html

It will give you instructions to root 2.1, including the newest 2.1 phone update which blocked the first 2.1 root method. Let us know if you have any questions.
    07-07-2010 08:16 AM
    thanks
    07-09-2010 09:25 AM
    How to I revert to 1.5 with a mac?
    07-09-2010 09:40 AM
    If you're rooted, flash the backup you were supposed to make, or flash a 1.5 ROM if you aren't, then you can't. You must root the 2.1 first, then flash a 1.5 ROM.
    07-09-2010 09:58 AM
    yeah, sometimes the computers rename the file. try recovery-RA-heroc-v152.img you need to try to push it to the sd card again:
    ./adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v152.img /sdcard/

if you get a trasnfer rate, then good, if not, make sure the recovery is in the tools folder of the sdk and push exactly what the name of it in there is.
    oprativ likes this.
    07-09-2010 10:08 AM
    I am not rooted. Is there any other way to go back to 1.5 without being rooted or using a PC?
    07-09-2010 11:23 AM
    My Sprint HTC Hero is firmware version 1.5 software version 1.56.651.2

I used your directions and think I successfully rooted it.
    But now I'm lost.

I wanted to be able to delete some factory apps and learn a few new tricks.

I'm having 3 problems though.

1. Hard to find info on web about how to do these things with a Mac.
    2. Getting harder to find info on doing things rooted prior to 2.1
    3. I'm starting to get errors trying to access the tools folder now.

I've checked my directory and everything looks in place, but terminal says there is no such file or directory. Terminal is also denying me permissions.

I can't delete these apps because terminal says the directory is bogus. & I can't upgrade to Android 2.1 because I can't any info on doing this with a rooted Sprint HTC Hero using a Mac.

Do you have any suggestions or links that might help me learn & understand this better? I've only been at this stuff or 2 days now. I'm very noob and still learning.
    07-28-2010 10:40 PM
    You need to mount the /system/ directory in order to remove sprint apps. You can't do it on terminal emulator, you have to do it from the computer.
    cd android-sdk-mac_86/tools/
    ./adb shell
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cd /system/app/
    rm WHATEVER.apk

If you had a custom rom, you would do this differently
    cd android-sdk-mac_86/tools
    ./adb remount
    ./adb shell
    cd /system/app
    rm WHATEVER.apk

You can't do superuser functions, you need the superuser permissions app installed if you're going to do things from the terminal emulator.

To install a custom 2.1 ROM, it doesn't matter what computer platform you are on... you don't even need a computer to do it. Just take the zip file of the ROM, place it in the main directory of your sd card, boot into recovery (either using computer ./adb reboot recovery, or by powering off the phone, holding the home button as you power the phone back on). follow the procedures on performing a nandroid backup, wiping the data/system restore and dalvik (ignore errors), then flash .zip from sd. You can do this from the phone by downloading the file to the sd card from whatever site you get the rom from, then using a file manager to relocate the file to the main directory of the sd card. The ROM has to be there, otherwise the recovery cannot find it and won't be able to flash the file.
    07-28-2010 11:28 PM
    I'm having problems after connecting device (not mounting, just Charge Mode only), it finds it, but I can not do the push asroot2 command. I get the following:
    ts-macbook-pro:~ T$ cd /users/T/android-sdk-mac_86/tools
    ts-macbook-pro:tools T$ ./adb devices
    List of devices attached
    HT02BHF09501 device

ts-macbook-pro:tools T$ ./adb push asroot2 /data/local/
    cannot stat 'asroot2': No such file or directory

I already have the stock Sprint 2.1 installed, but it's not rooted. My 2.0 was rooted. Ideas? Thanks!
    Hi Guys,

I am experiencing the same problem, 'asroot2': No such file or directory

I have the stock 1.5 ROM on the Sprint HTC Hero. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be great.
    08-11-2010 12:00 AM
    Whoops, solved my own problem, didin't unzip the exploit file. All's well now, thank you for your expertise all!
    08-11-2010 06:36 AM
    So I rooted my hero a while back. I was running 1.5 roms. but recently I upgraded to a 2.2 but it seems like my phone is no longer rooted.

Did I lose my root permission when I upgraded the rom?
    01-27-2011 09:12 PM
    So I rooted my hero a while back. I was running 1.5 roms. but recently I upgraded to a 2.2 but it seems like my phone is no longer rooted.

Did I lose my root permission when I upgraded the rom?
    Open the app drawer and see if the Super User (SU) app is there. If it is, then you still have root. If not, then grab it from the market.

Another way to check is by downloading Terminal Emulator and type su. It should return "#" if you are rooted and a "$" if not. Hope this helps.
    01-27-2011 11:48 PM
129 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD