So does anyone find that Opera browser actually useful? Basically, it comes down to the format that it dispalys websites in (particularly espn.com) that it goes to the ultra mobile browser page instead of the fancy site that they have for iPhone, Pre, and stock browser. Guessing that is more of the webkit site versus a mobile browswer only.

Thoughts?
    04-23-2010 02:41 PM
    Downloads go straight to the root folder of sd card...
    I don't use it. I like the stock browser.
    04-23-2010 02:55 PM
    I use both. They each have good qualities. Opera browser's main advantage is the speed. Matterfact I'm typing this from Opera rite now. & Downloads do go striaght to the root which is extremely convenient.
    The downside really is that some websites do appear in the mobile WAP-esque format that you see on low end phones just like you mentioned. (espn, Wikipedia, CNN etc.) That's when I decide 2 use the stock browser. Because I do prefer ESPN etc. on the stock browser. But for regular sites such as androidcentral that don't appear any different in stock or opera I choose opera because it is waaaay faster. Trust me.
    04-24-2010 12:24 PM
    Yeah you can get the iphone style pages to load in Opera. The issue is everytime you click a bar on the ESPN page that is suppose to open or close that topic, it has to reload the page. Same thing for many of the drop downs in websites. I think that is why it reverts to the m.espn.go.com over the iphone version.
    04-24-2010 09:14 PM
    Have u tried Dolphin Browser? Very fast and caters towards your use.
    04-25-2010 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD