Wallpaper Question

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
I was wondering if there is a way to use a picture the same proportion as the wallpaper size it will let you use as a lockscreen, instead of picking a section of a picture ?? The backgrounds application does it but I want to use a certain picture from another iphone wallpaper site I found instead of going through that apps database.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
sorry, i think i worded that weirdly. i'm wondering if theres a way to use that same lockscreen proportion as the wallpaper. when i try to use one it tries to get me to select only a section of the picture and blows that section up really badly. :/

AndroidFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i know your answer

"YES!"

i found a website - InterfaceLIFT: Wallpaper sorted by Date - cool pics but they don't have "hero friendly" sizes

so i d/l the 1600x1200 sized pics - then using a powertoy by MS i resized them to the "small" option - and they turn out perfect

now, you can also keep the original pics, transfer them to your sdcard.. but why waste the already-limited space??

resize them and then xfer them to your phone
:)

--
edit: i didn't understand you completely - now i think the answer is "no"

lol

the proportion of the lockscreen is just fundamentally different than the home screen dimensions

Last edited:

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
ahhh thank you.

oh wait -
"Note: a handful of people have said they are having issues with the images being grainy or that they get cropped. You'll see from the comments that this could be due to a lot of reasons. The best way to make sure you are getting the best quality out of the images is to make sure you are using the entire image. When selecting any of these images as a wallpaper from your phones picture album, your Android phone will most likely set the crop dimensions smaller than the image. You'll notice that the selection rectangle only covers a portion of the image. Simply tap the crop lines and then drag them out to select the entire image." found on htcsource.com

I guess I've just got to figure how to drag it bigger because every time I try it just makes it smaller LOL

edit---
nevermind.. apparently they won't let you use the whole image either way. :/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12