Is anyone organizing a group-buy of Telus "HTC Hero" phones, for use in USA?

quicksite

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've read here someone mention they saw the Telus Hero at Walmart. I read elsewhere about Best Buy. Someone else said that if you order online from Telus, they won't ship out of country. Then I read on some post in some thread someone mention the idea of a group-buy of these handsets, I'm guessing in Canada, to then resell to members for use anywhere... but lots of interest in the Telus Hero for running on USA's AT&T 3G network.

So, I'm just asking... wasn't something like this done before for the Europe/Asia GSM Hero?

(new to Android / long-time XDA member dumping WindowsMobile, finally)

kriEv

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I asked the TELUS rep that sold me my hero and he told me you can't buy a phone from telus without activating a line.
They should let people do it cuz they'll make a fortune with AT&T customers but what can ya do eh?

bjg222

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
There's a few threads in other forums about this that you might want to look at. Over at HowardForums, there's some talk about a group buy here:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Telus HTC Hero on AT&T 3G...how would a U.S. resident purchase one?

Maybe you should head over there and post that you're interested!

Also, these two threads over at XDA Developers have been discussing the Telus Hero some:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581065
GSM Models of HTC Hero: Which is the correct model I should buy? - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21