Hero and Bluethooth

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Since some seem to have zero issues and many have tons of issues with BT either not connecting all the time, having to pair, unpair and repair all the time, and last but not least the memory leaks when using BT. Can those that have issues post the device you use and also the ones that do not have issues as well. This may help narrow it down. I have problems and use Jabra BT530 and Jabra SP700 for the car. Both are Jabra and thought maybe this was the issue. It may also be BT with A2DP giving the problem.

Those using BT without A2DP, can you hear your media such as music, pandora, sprint tv and such or do you just use it for the phone part. I am trying to keep and love this phone but this issue is a big one for me and hoping this can narrow it down. Please post.

Thanks

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
BT and A2DP on the Hero is almost useless. keeps disconnecting, stopping, speeding up, slowing down, etc... I havent noticed a mem leak yet, but I did have to restart the phone after this total failure of trying to play music.

I havent had these many problems with BT and A2DP since my old Treo 700wx!

stonehamandroid

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have tried a Motorola S9 and a Motorola BT-820. Both had issues and needed to be repaired after the headset and Bluetooth on the phone had been turned off after I was done using them. With both devices I would get the message saying it had connected bu5 it would not work and the Bluetooth settings screen would show the message connecting. I experience the memory loss as well with both sets and did not discover the issue until after I had already drained it to 0Mb and had to exchange the phone.

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Seems like A2DP may be the big thing here. The other problem I have is I cannot have my Jabra paired to two phones at the same time. On my Instinct I was able to pair with it and my work phone and it would connect to whichever one when a call came in. If I am paired now on the hero my work phone will not connect. If I un-pair it from the hero then re-pair it to the work phone it will work only on that phone. So it is either or but not both at the same time.

Has anyone been able to pair 2 phones at the same time with the Hero being one of them.

arcane#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know if anyone has been successful so far to transfer files from hero to anyother device say Nokia, samsung etc?

Thanks in advance for the help.