Alarm Clock on 2.1 leak

kpeste99

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues where the alarm clock isn't working? I've set it for the past two mornings as I always did with 1.6 and it hasn't gone off. It even gave me the message that the alarm is set for so many hours and minutes from now. But when that time came it didn't ring.

However, I tested it twice setting it for 2 minutes from now and it did work.

Any ideas?

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with the hero and 1.5. I know it sounds silly but did you check the volume for media? On 1.5 it is a different control then the ringer volume. Just a thought.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have one on the phone, that could cause you problems. Doesn't matter if you are intentionally doing so, but it may be killing the process to do the alarm after XXX amount of time on standby. Get rid of the task killer and see if that cures your ailment.

kpeste99

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rufflez, that was smart. I didn't consider that. I checked advanced task killer and autokill is disabled. However, still going to uninstall it and see how it goes.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Heres a quote from a post I made on this same forum on 01-02-10

1) Remove taskiller
2) Powercycle your phone (shut off, take battery out for a few sec., reboot)
3) Make sure your alarm is settup correctly (am/pm)
4) Turn your alarm volume all the way up. I cant tell you how many people i've seen say the alarm doesnt work and in every case i can think of, they didnt have the volume turned up. Heres the trick and this is what messes most people up, the ringer volume has absolutely nothing to do with the alarm volume. You need to turn up the actual alarm volume (go in to edit the alarm, click alarm sound, press volume button all the way up).
6) test your alarm.

Good luck!

Typically a quick search can fix most of your problems

mountaindont

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hi there
there has been a general audio loss in the latest 2.1 builds, it has to do with the kernal. do you suffer from losing audio whilst in the middle of a call or anything of the sort? just trying to rule this out as your issue...