Sprint Hero 2.1 released(facts and finding/complaints)thread

illushinz

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so the question de jour, my hero is rooted, and running a custom Damage ROM. Can I run this update to "reset" my phone to a factory 2.1 directly, or do I have to jump through some hoops?

geneva54

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
If you check in settings itll tell you up time vs awake time.GSD keeps your awake time almost the same as up time(eats battery).I wouldn't twista your arm to make you use kool-aid but if it was me i wouldn't ever run stock unrooted.

Well that sucks. Guess Im going to wait before making the decision on which update to use.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so the question de jour, my hero is rooted, and running a custom Damage ROM. Can I run this update to "reset" my phone to a factory 2.1 directly, or do I have to jump through some hoops?

I would think you could but i could be wrong.If im wrong then you have to rruu to 1.5 then ruu 2.1.Remeber there is no way to root 2.1 right now.

illushinz

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
And root IS nice - but what about the bootloader? Does this RUU also replace the recovery image? I really like having the nandroid backup/restore functionality.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get it to download. Server is really being bogged down right now. I am sure thousands a trying to download. I just had it time out on me.

Personally I am not going to install this but I want the file download. Eventually Root will be done and then I can begin to play with the rom.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
And root IS nice - but what about the bootloader? Does this RUU also replace the recovery image? I really like having the nandroid backup/restore functionality.

The ruu remove all that.no nadroid.No recovery.No a2sd.No super user.
haha 420th post

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get it to download. Server is really being bogged down right now. I am sure thousands a trying to download. I just had it time out on me.

Personally I am not going to install this but I want the file download. Eventually Root will be done and then I can begin to play with the rom.

Wait til tom. if you don't want it right away and then that way itll dl faster. Yeah tranffer rate is like 2kb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc