Sprint Hero 2.1 released(facts and finding/complaints)thread

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Tethering auto enabled with 2.1?

When i plug into the computer is gives me the option to "share phones mobile network with pc", gives me a pcs error msg though =(

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
The lack of OTA for we Mac users sucks. Guess I'll be heading over to the nearest Sprint store to get the update and the dust under the screen taken care of.

I'm in the same boat as you. I tried running HTC Sync in Windows under Parallels for the Mac, but it didn't want to talk to the device. :(

So wait, they can remove the dust under the screen at the store?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I tried running HTC Sync in Windows under Parallels for the Mac, but it didn't want to talk to the device. :(

So wait, they can remove the dust under the screen at the store?

If they have a tech at the store they can.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Tethering auto enabled with 2.1?

When i plug into the computer is gives me the option to "share phones mobile network with pc", gives me a pcs error msg though =(

No, its a feature of 2.1, but Sprint blocks it. You either need a different PRI or have a rooted version of the update.

thebabilonias

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
new custom ROM

I just updated my Hero to the 2.1 at the Sprint store, but it didnt come with the live wallpapers, so effen pissed! is there any way someone can find me a video that can guide me step by step on how to get a new ROM that has the live wallpapers included?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Hero to the 2.1 at the Sprint store, but it didnt come with the live wallpapers, so effen pissed! is there any way someone can find me a video that can guide me step by step on how to get a new ROM that has the live wallpapers included?

No, you installed a non-rooted RUU at the sprint store. You're SOL until someone comes up with a root to 2.1 (if anyone does).

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so to beat this down even more.. (this question anyways), the leak from last week, 2.1-update1 is the same as the official one released today (2.1eclair)? Right? I see the software info numbers are the same from what is posted.

Also, will Sprint notice a difference if I ever have to take it to a repair center (within the next 3 weeks since Evo is coming out).

Thanks, and sorry for asking again, I just wanted to get a solid answer here.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so to beat this down even more.. (this question anyways), the leak from last week, 2.1-update1 is the same as the official one released today (2.1eclair)? Right? I see the software info numbers are the same from what is posted.

Also, will Sprint notice a difference if I ever have to take it to a repair center (within the next 3 weeks since Evo is coming out).

Thanks, and sorry for asking again, I just wanted to get a solid answer here.

It's exactly the same. We just got it from the same source that Sprint did, and didn't have to test before release ;)

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
No Google Talk for 2.1? What's a good replacement?

I've looked high and low, apparently there's not Google Talk app for 2.1. What does everyone use, pros/cons?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.

Thats just weather animation,not livewallpapers.