Much better battery life 2.1

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has any one else noticed that their battery life is much better with 2.1? I didn't charge my phone last night and i'm sitting at a smooth 40% Been using a task killer moderately, but i did the same in 1.5... Just seeing if any one else experienced the same.

kadield

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Has any one else noticed that their battery life is much better with 2.1? I didn't charge my phone last night and i'm sitting at a smooth 40% Been using a task killer moderately, but i did the same in 1.5... Just seeing if any one else experienced the same.

I've been noticing a HUGE increase in battery life on my Hero after the 2.1 update. I'm actually not scared to use it at work :D

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
flashing the new radio gave me amazingly more battery life. I Didnt see any improvement with just the leak update.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
currently, Overclocked FreshToast. But the best was with Damage 2.08.1 OC (custom :)) and then also OC'd K-A was great. I have a few tricks that may help out if you tell me what ROM you're using.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
currently, Overclocked FreshToast. But the best was with Damage 2.08.1 OC (custom :)) and then also OC'd K-A was great. I have a few tricks that may help out if you tell me what ROM you're using.

wish i had rooted before the update, but i figure i'll jump on the root train with the evo for sheer awesome performance.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, can't help on the official release since its not rooted, but if you aren't experiencing issues liquidjesus... I'd let it be. I'm a Flashaholic...

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i wish i had more time to devote to leaning how to do that sort of thing, posting on forums is one thing, but developing a functioning os seems much more difficult to me =P

coldheat06

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site

I'm currently running "Pure 2.0" Any help would be much appreciated!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running "Pure 2.0" Any help would be much appreciated!

That one is built on the 2nd leak (same as DC 2.08.1). Konikub should have removed GSD.apk from the /system/app/ but give it a double check and make sure its gone. Check your Time Without Signal and mak sure its <<<<<<50% you can find it under settings--about phone--battery--battery information--cell standby. You can try flashing the OC for damage control (nadroid backup first) and then immediately install and setup Overclock Widget (advanced settings) when it boots. Next time its fully charged boot into recovery and wipe the battery info from the wipe menu.

Those are some little things that may help. I know the OC sounds like it wouldn't but you'd be surprized how little an impact it is, because you can set it to min300ish max 400ish while the phone is asleep. Setting it too low may cause you to miss phone calls

johnny hotsauce

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My first post on here and I'm brand new to Android as well and I'm coming from a Palm Pre (among a LONG list of other smartphones sans iPhone). I just got my Hero in a trade for my TP2 that was just collecting dust (since I gave up on WM bugs and wanted something that just worked without tweaking the hell out of it) about a week before the 2.1 update came out so I was still running 1.5 I believe.

When I first got the Hero, my first impressions where that Android was killer and I wished I would've switched over sooner, it's like the best of everything all rolled into one OS but the battery life was just killing me, it was absolutely dismal. I take my phone off the charger at 7AM to head into the office and then the phone just basically sits on my desk unused for the most part until 5:30PM, well at about 2PM everyday the thing would be at about 30% left with NO use at all (with every setting that could potentially suck juice set to off) and I'd have to throw it on the car charger on the way home just so I'd have some juice left in it by the time I got home. I was ready to just sell or trade the darn thing because I didn't want to put an extended on it and double the size of the phone.

Right when I was about to throw it on CraigsList and maybe try out the Moment, the 2.1 update came out so I thought I'd upgrade just to get it over with and to see how it was and all I can say is holy crap, mainly on the SERIOUS improvement in battery life and overall efficiency of the OS. All I can say is that there's no way I'm trading this thing now unless it's in a partial trade for an EVO just so I don't have to blow my upgrade. But since I've upgraded to 2.1, my phone is still at 90% or higher by the time I leave the office, I don't have to use task killers now and I have most of my auto update settings still on with the exception of e-mail. What an improvement! I'm now completely sold on Android and I can't wait to dig in and see what this beast can do and I look forward to learning and contributing here :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2