Serious Application(s) Bug

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else here noticed that if you update an application from the Market and then restart your phone those apps are messed up and require you to uninstall/reinstall? It's becoming a real nuisance, to the point of I have to avoid restarting my phone at all costs.

This bug triumphs all others IMO (well at least on part with the messaging 100% cpu bug) and needs a fix ASAP (before the 2.0 update).

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
1. Get rooted.
2. Back everything up using nandroid from the cdma hero ra.
3. from the console - rm /data/boot-cache

Fix'd. It's just a symlink issue displaying the wrong names. The apps are fine.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that as well. Express News has the wrong icon, but it works. Shop Savvy the same. The Movies app has the wrong icon and does not work.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Never had that issue....I have noticed some of my icons will look different as well as the file names will look different...but no issues as far as using the apps go.

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that as well. Express News has the wrong icon, but it works. Shop Savvy the same. The Movies app has the wrong icon and does not work.

So far the Flixster Movies app is the only one I have that doesn't work AND shows up strange. The rest that show up with the java names work fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams