I tried a search for "MMS" and got nothing, so I'm hoping this helps some.

I have NO trouble SENDING MMS's at all. And I seem to be able to RECEIVE them. At least they show up in my SMS mailbox (currently shuffling between Hancent, Chomp and factory to see which I like). I get a little gray box that says DOWNLOAD. I click Download and it whirs for a moment...the picture AND message that was sent to me pops up for about a full second...and then...and then...BLIP! it disappears! Gone! Like it never existed. It is removed from my inbox (all three programs). I can't find what was sent to me (either words or pictures).

So it IS downloading them, but some kind of MMS GOBLIN is eating them once I open them on the phone. Its weird. Any ideas?

I'm still running 1.5 with NO custom ROM (all stock...waiting on EVO). Program-wise I'm using the above mentioned SMS apps. Do I need a dedicated MMS app? I can send them just fine, but receiving is strange.

Thanks for any help.

K--
    06-02-2010 10:24 PM
    look in sdcard/download. You can use astro or linda file managers or hook your phone up to the PC as a disk drive.
    06-02-2010 11:54 PM
    Thanks. Just checked there and had no luck. It was empty aside from one file I downloaded to try and install an app.

I don't think I actually "download" the full picture, just a thumbnail of it...or I could be wrong there. But I also want to get the "words" of the message too.

Is this just weird or is it me?

Thanks again.

K--
    06-03-2010 07:39 AM
    Weird. I would suggest deleting chomp and handcent, then redownload one of the two and test it. I have no problems with receiving MMS through Handcent.

The images might be stored in the cache when they are downloaded and for some reason are being deleted from the inbox. To save the pictures on the sd card you will need to longpress on the thumbnail then select copy to sd card. If using handcent, the download will be saved in the sdcard/handcent/download folder.
    06-03-2010 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD