Hero rooting question

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-root-instructions <---- I saw this post on the androidcentral homepage. Its an amazingly simple post about rooting the HTC Evo. Instantly I wondered if anyone could possibly come up with a solution as simple as this for the Hero. My Hero has been rooted for some time now. Ask this question more so for the people who are to lazy, scared or think its to complicated to root an android phone. So will we able to root our Heros or any other android phone with this simple process?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there are any. You just can't remove bloatware until you install the sdk on a computer (or create a zip file you can flash to removed the apps). I've found the easiest thing to do is remove apps. If you are running a Beezy ROM, he makes removing Sprint apps a breeze. You just open up a file manager like Linda, hit applications, tap the application you want to uninstall, select uninstall and you're good to go.

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I here that you can also root your phone by using a program called Fresh Kitchen made by Flipz. Apparently all you do is downlaod it, plug your phone & the program roots your phone. Is that a good method or is it similiar 2 flashrec?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I here that you can also root your phone by using a program called Fresh Kitchen made by Flipz. Apparently all you do is downlaod it, plug your phone & the program roots your phone. Is that a good method or is it similiar 2 flashrec?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

If you have a phone running Android 1.5 then yes, you can root with Fresh Kitchen. If you just bought a new phone with 2.1 or flashed the 2.1 RUU then you won't be able to use the kitchen.

There was a root method posted in the XDA forums that may have been patched in the recent OTA update. So don't update if you want to Root.