Removing htc sense ui

dvargas72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 3rd Hero in 2 weeks. I have read many a forums and understand that even though the SenseUI is nice, the poor Hero can't handle it all too well.
I heard there is a way to remove the HTC Sense to make it vanilla Android and it would run faster and smoother. I have no worries going from 7 home screens to 3, I just want to be able to use this phone efficiently before I decide to call it quits.

Any info on this process or theory????

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
As it has been mentioned many times before, you can switch back to the stock launcher by erasing the defaults for Sense in the Manage Applications settings dialog, but this is inadvisable for two reasons:

1. It does not disable Sense at all. You won't see a performance boost. Period. It only brings the stock launcher into the foreground when you press the home button.
2. It might cause stability problems.

If you really want the stock experience, or a little extra horsepower, root and look for a custom ROM. If you're into the hacking, of course. There are both vanilla (no Sense) and boosted (even overclockable) ROMs for you're perusal. Just proceed with caution.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC disabled it on 2.1. Sense is all we got. At least on the Sprint Hero. The only way is to root, or get a launcher, such as Helix or ADW, from the market. However, Sense is still installed.

dvargas72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes...I finally got it rooted. Is there any way you can direct me to where these custom roms are you're mentioning beezy? I'm new to rooting Android. WebOS & iPhones were a cinch for me but Im a lil lost here