Has anyone else had problems with the included USB cable's shielding peeling back from the connector?

I've had this phone for only 4 months or so, and never take this cable anywhere. It stays at home in the same spot and doesn't get abused.

Very lame.
    06-07-2010 06:31 AM
    Mine has done the exact same thing, actually... It worries me that it could short out the battery... Anyone got input on this? Is it covered under phone warranty, or by Sprint?
    06-07-2010 07:49 AM
    I had the same problem but went to sprint and they gave me a new one they had in the back.
    06-07-2010 07:50 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with the included USB cable's shielding peeling back from the connector?

I've had this phone for only 4 months or so, and never take this cable anywhere. It stays at home in the same spot and doesn't get abused.

Very lame.
    Ive had this happen to ever cable ive ever got with htc.The hero's cable even seems cheaper built then the ones before.Ive had htc since the original diamond.

Mine has done the exact same thing, actually... It worries me that it could short out the battery... Anyone got input on this? Is it covered under phone warranty, or by Sprint?
    If you take it to a sprint store and be very nice they should just give you a new cable.I have about ten cables and the have never caused any battery issues,one did stop chargeing and one other one will charge but won't work with pc.
    06-07-2010 11:54 AM
    Ive had this happen to ever cable ive ever got with htc.The hero's cable even seems cheaper built then the ones before.Ive had htc since the original diamond.

If you take it to a sprint store and be very nice they should just give you a new cable.I have about ten cables and the have never caused any battery issues,one did stop chargeing and one other one will charge but won't work with pc.
    I'm just surprised that they had no strain relief on the insulation. It's like the insulation stopped RIGHT at the connector.

Lame.
    06-07-2010 10:02 PM
    Hi All,

I can also Confirm that my Sprint Hero USB Frayed after 4 Months too. I guess I need to contact Sprint.
    06-21-2010 10:06 AM
    Mine did the same a few months back. I picked up a new a while back and use that when I charge the phone overnight. Otherwise I still use the stock one but only when I am nearby.
    06-21-2010 05:18 PM
    Mine did the same a few months back. I picked up a new a while back and use that when I charge the phone overnight. Otherwise I still use the stock one but only when I am nearby.
    Yeah, I'm surprised at how easily these cables fray like this. I NEVER take it anywhere. I have a half dozen or more USB cables around the house and work, so I never need to take this one with me. One in the car, one at the office, one in the home office, another spare one that I'm using in place of the frayed one.... And yet despite this fact, it still frayed.
    06-21-2010 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD