Internal memory

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Why do I have so much used internal memory when everything goes to my sd card? I even have apps2sd working and still a lot is being used. Also is it a bad thing?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Why do I have so much used internal memory when everything goes to my sd card? I even have apps2sd working and still a lot is being used. Also is it a bad thing?

Your internal memory goes down cause there is still a link between data/system. Most the app goes to your sdcard. It's not a bad thing memory on android is different then anyother phones. I've had it down below 50mb and it was still fine actually it performed better. If you load a whole bunch of apps,wait a few days an I bet your phone smooths out. It not like wm where when you get low on internal and have to worry.

tkirton

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
With the older apps2sd, only the app and app-private is moved to the SD card. Dalvik-cache, market cache, and data settings (including any program caches) are still on internal storage.

Now, newer apps2sd allows the user to move the dalvik-cache to the SD card (and sometimes to the cache partition if it is large enough), which frees up more internal storage. However, other caches are still using the internal storage.

I've been experimenting with moving the /data/data to the SD card...not much luck, though. It may be my lack of understanding on how does /data/data works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1