Hero or Moment?

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I think I want to retire my very first samsung intinct and would like to get into the android market, I'm trying to decide from the hero or the moment? Does the hero have aim and or yahoo msg aplications? How is texting on it over all how would you compare to my old instict? lol

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I think I want to retire my very first samsung intinct and would like to get into the android market, I'm trying to decide from the hero or the moment? Does the hero have aim and or yahoo msg aplications? How is texting on it over all how would you compare to my old instict? lol

The hero does have IM for aol,yahoo,messenger thats stock.I couldn't honestly say how it would compare to a 'instank'. If you turn off vibrate when texting it seems to do a good job.I will always choose the hero over moment but thats 'me'.I would say play around with both at the store before you buy them.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
of the few Samsungs i have played with they feel cheap. My daughter had to replace her instunk a few times. However the Hero feels like theres something there. The moment does have alittle more memory and the cpu is a little faster. i have to agree with Beez tho goto the store and play with them. Whichever is your choice tho welcome to the wonderful world of Android. :)

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I had an instrinct s30 before my hero. I will never ever ever ever ever go back.

You know how with the instinct you constantly find yourself saying, "This is almost a good phone, if only it did this.. or that..." That's the hero. It does "this" and "that".

Texting is better on the hero than it is on the instinct, it's faster, more capable, and overall a very satisfying phone coming off the instinct.

The only thing that wasn't as seemingly good at first was the voice dialer. But I have since learned just to not use it, and instead use the magnifying glass button to pull up google voice commands... where you can either do a google search or tell it to dial a number, or etc. Works great.

I've played with the moment, and didn't like it. Screen's not as good as the hero, I miss Sense (it really adds polish), and the keyboard just wasn't enough benefit to me to justify the incredible bulkiness.

Hero all the way.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a hero and my wife has the instinct. Next to each other the instinct really sucks. Go with the hero. Most people I know that get an android end up using the on screen keyboard more anyway, and sense UI is better, IMO. If you are worried about typing on screen don't - it is much easier that typing on the instinct. Either way I suggest Swype - sign up for the beta at their site - this is the way to type I'm convinced. Either way though both phones are a huge step from the super crappy and ugly UI on the instinct.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I owned the Instinct and looking back, the Hero (and even the Moment) owns it by all means.

If lacking an physical keyboard doesn't bother you, then the Hero would be great.

The Moment has a 3 MP camera + LED Flash but the Hero has a 5MP camera with auto-focus

The Hero's browser supports Flash; the Moment doesn't

The CPU & arguably the battery life will be greater on the Moment than on the Hero

The Hero has an LCD screen while the Moment has an OLED screen

Either way, both phones are great...go to your local Sprint store to check them out!

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow.., thanks guys for all the good feedback as I might go today to check them out, I think I use the msgr often and do some texting but mostly my email is a must, yahoo and hotmail. But it looks like I'm more towards the hero. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol