Insane call/dialing lag, HELP ??

leron86

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so what happens is my phone takes SOMETIMES 25-30 seconds just to dial out a number, and so i hit it once, and seconds go by and nothing happens so i hit it again and it calls again so i got two lines open on the same line. its miserable for me and people i call. any other alternatives or ideas to help this lag, ? thanks much

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had that happen a couple times also. I don't know how to fix the lag (mine is not 20-30 seconds) but install "call confirm" from the market. It greatly reduces pocket calls and double calling people.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This is something you just have to live with. Try calling your phone from a lan line and see how many rings you hear before your phone rings.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Stock 2.1, unrooted. First call has a 4-5 second delay, but if I then try to call them right back, it waits 30 seconds to dial.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I -had- this problem, but do not anymore.

It went away when I started using Honeybun with the alternate Overclock option. The original overclock kernal we were using actually made the problem worse, while the newer oc kernal seems to have fixed it entirely.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems a bit extreme to overclock your phone to keep it from making you wait A FULL MINUTE to dial a number.

What if you're trying to dial 911?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I had this same exact problem - no joke. It was one of the biggest frustrations I had with the stock 2.1 Sense UI. I have since rooted and tried a few different ROMS and I haven't seen the issue at all since; everything seems to now be working how you would expect a phone to work.

Eaglesionu

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Call Lagg

The call lag was introduced in the first 2.1 update from sprint (118mb file that must be installed from computer.) The secound small over the air update fixed this call lag issue. If you have not run the check for updates button on your phone in a while it might be worth a try. Be aware that this secound update also removes the hole in 2.1 that allowed hero owners to root (unless there is a new procedure i am unaware of.) So you might want to deal with the call lagg if you are going to root in the future.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The call lag was introduced in the first 2.1 update from sprint (118mb file that must be installed from computer.) The secound small over the air update fixed this call lag issue. If you have not run the check for updates button on your phone in a while it might be worth a try. Be aware that this secound update also removes the hole in 2.1 that allowed hero owners to root (unless there is a new procedure i am unaware of.) So you might want to deal with the call lagg if you are going to root in the future.

I applied both the 2.1 update and the subsequent update that was OTA. I still have huge call lag when dialing.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you try using a home screen manager other than SenseUI before you rooted? I'd be interested to find out if it works correctly without SenseUI but with the default ROM. I still have the SenseUI home screen manager running but I really don't have anything left on the 3 screens I actually use that requires it.

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The problem occurs when the phone runs out of memory. Add the 'Running Services' widget to your desktop and get in the habit of checking it. In the bottom-left corner you should usually see "16MB + 70MB" or some such combination. Sprint must've installed some apps (SprintTV?!) that leak memory. Whenever I'm having the problem I go into Running Services and if it says "16MB + 0.0 MB" I kill one of the current processes, and everything clears-up. Usually it's "SprintTV" I kill, but I also sometimes kill "Amazon MP3" or "CM Manager" (I think that's the voicemail indicator).

Reactions: jdlyons8946

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Seems a bit extreme to overclock your phone to keep it from making you wait A FULL MINUTE to dial a number.

What if you're trying to dial 911?

The OP said 25-30 seconds. You have now doubled it to "a full minute".

And if you are trying to dial 911, I suppose you just have to wait. I see no way around it.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you try using a home screen manager other than SenseUI before you rooted? I'd be interested to find out if it works correctly without SenseUI but with the default ROM. I still have the SenseUI home screen manager running but I really don't have anything left on the 3 screens I actually use that requires it.

I did not. This was only one of the many factors that I quickly became frustrated with, so I jumped right into rooting my phone and installing other ROMs.

...And it seems so far that all of my frustrations have gone away :). Well, except for the lack of a proximity sensor - that one really drives me mad.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

You would still have sense running.Switching launcher doesn't shut sense off,it would have to be completely ripped out of the rom,to not run sense.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The OP said 25-30 seconds. You have now doubled it to "a full minute".

And if you are trying to dial 911, I suppose you just have to wait. I see no way around it.

And your point is? If he's waiting only 30 seconds and I'm waiting a minute, then he's lucky.

Regardless, it's a long lag. MUCH longer than is acceptable. I should not have to root or use custom ROMs to fix an issue that Sprint allowed to be publicly released.

Fix it, Sprint. Now.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
And your point is? If he's waiting only 30 seconds and I'm waiting a minute, then he's lucky.

Regardless, it's a long lag. MUCH longer than is acceptable. I should not have to root or use custom ROMs to fix an issue that Sprint allowed to be publicly released.

Fix it, Sprint. Now.

I completely agree with the above statement. I'm not advocating rooting your phone and voiding your warranty to fix something that shouldn't even be a problem - I'm just trying to chime in and state how I have personally avoided the issue. If you were on the fence about rooting and installing a custom ROM, my information may steer you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante