My hero won't sleep (recently) & then out of charge in 2-3 hours,what to do?

reza17s

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
"full charge battery goes empty in less then 3-4 hours,even with wi-fi,gps,.... turned off",i monitored battery usage with "spare parts" app,first i haven't notice anything unusual:
SPARE PARTS gave me very normal cpu usage:1-android system2-browser,...
but then in the end of list of usage option,i checked other usage & what i found was very interesting:
SPARE PARTS>battery history>other usage>total in all time:
running =time without sleeping 28.1 %
SPARE PARTS>battery history>other usage>since last unplugged:
running =time spend without sleeping 99.999 %
SPARE PARTS>battery history>other usage>total since boot:
running=time spend without sleeping 99.999 %

now i guess i know why my phone run out of charge in less then 3-4 hours,question is what i have to do about it?
any solution please?
also i checked main setting now:
setting>about phone>status>Awake time 100%

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you signed into twitter? or might be sprint tv,but that sounds like the gsd program keeping things awake.

reza17s

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No,i don't use tweeter nor tv.i thought maybe i messed up some task killer/manager,then i uninstalled them too,but i have still the same problem! i use facebook,gmail,...,but i use them for a long time & this problem is new to me!

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
once you open Maps it keeps running in the background. ive had some issues like this. i powered off. put on charger... 30 minutes later, full charge, turn on and its fine. weird.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with the stock messenger. Get one from the market, I recommend handcent, then go to the stock messenger settings and disable notifications and auto retrieval. Try that and let me know if it worked for you, too.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
anyone find a fix for this? called sprint.... ran some tests and advised me to bring my phone, phone charger with battery so they can test it! dont have insurance but still in 1 year warranty and will replace battery or phone

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
anyone find a fix for this? called sprint.... ran some tests and advised me to bring my phone, phone charger with battery so they can test it! dont have insurance but still in 1 year warranty and will replace battery or phone

Root,run a rom that doesn't have gsd and htctwitter in it.Not trying to force you to root,but thats the only way i know to.The gsd test app from htc was keeping my phone awake(killing battery) and htctwitter eats cpu in the background.