Need help adding new contact

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I finally got the Google sync issue resolved (the contacts had not been synching with Google since June 25). Unfortunately, I had to reset the phone to fix the problem. I have added a new contact to my phone. I initially added it as a phone contact and then went into the settings and synched the contacts with Google. I logged into Gmail and looked at my contacts -- the newly added contact was nowhere to be found. I then deleted this new contact and added it back, but this time made a Google contact. I then went back into Gmail and looked at my contacts -- again the same problem. The new contact was nowhere to be found. What is the point of having my contacts synch to Google if they don't show up. If I ever have to reset again, I will lose this new contact that I entered. What am I doing wrong to prevent it from showing up online?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there an email address added to the new contact? Not positive, but I don't think they show up in your gmail book without one.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
After a couple of page refreshes followed by deleting the history, cache, and cookies and then loading the Gmail contacts, I finally got those contacts to match what is in the phonebook. At least if I have to reset the phone again, I'll have all my contacts backed up.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I've found it more reliable to add the contacts in gmail on my computer if I want it to sync perfectly. Also, if you choose phone instead of google contact it won't sync up with your gmail.