I've played around with camera settings on the Hero and it's virtually impossible for me to get a picture that isn't blurry. Right now I have it set to ISO at 400, 3MP, and Normal quality and it doesn't seem to have helped much.
    I try to hold it as still is possible, but that doesn't matter much. I someone I'm taking a picture of moves even an inch there's a blur, any thought/ideas?
    07-19-2010 11:11 AM
    The camera on the Hero is pretty good, I've taken some impressive pictures with it.

Do you keep your phone in your pocket, and if so, have you cleaned off the lens recently?
    07-19-2010 11:14 PM
    Yes and yes...but you did inspire me to clean off the inside of the battery cover. I had wiped the lense and the outside of the battery cover but for some reason ignored the inside of it. After that at least still pictures turn out pretty sharp and the auto-focus seams quicker although there was almost nothing on it. Now I just have to see how pics are when I'm trying to capture people.
    07-20-2010 08:46 AM
    I have found that it works best in sun light. The camera is absolutely horrible in low light conditions.
    07-20-2010 11:39 AM
    I think the camera works well on the hero. Always liked the pictures I took.
    07-21-2010 11:56 PM
    I did clean the cover like the person said above and I just took couple of pictures outside and they were excellent pictures.
    07-25-2010 03:42 PM
    I have found that it works best in sun light. The camera is absolutely horrible in low light conditions.
    Too bad we don't have a flash. :\
    07-29-2010 07:53 PM
    Three of many pictures I took the weekend before I got my Evo. One is a pic of me standing in front of the race car (Nostalgia Alcohol Funny Car) I work on and the second is of the drive Marie standing in front of the race car. Lastly one of her getting strapped in right before a run. I'd say they're pretty damn good photos if you ask me. If could use a flash, but in daylight and in reasonable lighting conditions I was always very satisfied with the picture quality of the Hero.

07-30-2010 02:17 AM
    one word....yes
    08-04-2010 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD