Hero - Crashing a lot

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Let's say I've been on an app for a while (5 or 10 mins--mail), I get the following warning EVERYTIME:mad:

Sorry!
The application ADW.Launcher (process.android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

==Button===
Force Close
=========

The launcher then restarts from blank and starts putting the apps and widgets on the screens.

This happens for ALL the launchers I've used: HTC, Launcher Pro, and ADW.

The specs are:

Firmware version
2.1-update1

Kernel Version
2.6.29-bc0d2cff
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
:(

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen every once an a while with apps that are memory intensive. I think the built in task killer is killing the launcher to allow the app to run better. What apps cause the problem?

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE: After getting the message time and time again, I went to Sprint. Long story short, they ran diagnostics (whatever those were) and found nothing wrong with the UI or OS. The manager said they tweaked it. The only advice I was given by the manager (who also carries the HTC Hero) was to run less apps in the background and probably use the Advance Task Killer a couple of times during the day to keep it from lagging or crashing. After leaving the store, I did download the app and use it every time. I did notice that it IS less laggy and has crashed less....but...

I have had this happen every once an a while with apps that are memory intensive. I think the built in task killer is killing the launcher to allow the app to run better. What apps cause the problem?

I did notice that just after I got the phone back from the Sprint store (not even five minutes) and went to the Android Market place to check for the app,searched, downloaded, and installed the a pp, hit the "home" key....the HTC bootup logo came up and the HTC Sense UI restarted all over again. Later in the night, I was checking my email. After 5 or 10 minutes going the through the email, I hit home key....and same thing.

Not sure what to think, but Fazulka I think you are right. :confused:

duckdive117

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife's hero is doing this, its very slow and sense reboots all the time, it does it on multiple apps and at different times. Im going to reset the phone if I can find anything soon it just sucks to wipe everything off.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ditto for my Hero.... It seems anytime I go anywhere... Google, navigation, random apps.... I get the HTC Logo and then a reboot of sense. This along with the fact that the dialer forcecloses now more often than not.... The phone is now not even good enough to be used as a phone. A friend with the same issues said Sprint replaced hers and it works flawlessly BUT someone on here said that even a replacement will eventually do the same thing as it's a hardware issue. So, in retrospect... I "clean" my phone out often.... (too chicken to root the phone and have no idea what root does anyway) I delete old emails / texts and cache to keep it running OK. In October I get my EVO or other device ( have yet to see the Epic ) until then I'll deal with this mess....

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This is common. The hero doesn't do well with several apps installed. I think once there are over 90 apps on the phone this started to happen. The best solution is to root your phone and use the tools out there to move apps to the sd card.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually if you limit the Hero to five or six apps it runs very nice. Amazing how long the battery lasts when I use it every couple days.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site

rufflez, it seems you're a legend in these forums, nice to see you everywhere, your knowledge precedes you.

Being a newbie, what does vanilla mean? I see this everywhere, I think is plain android, but not sure. Also, what does Blue mean? First time I see it.

RoadBicyclist

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For chapulincolorado (classic), rooting is the way to go, just do a lot of reading throughout the forums before doing it and there are plenty of ROMs to enjoy (I'm currently using Honeybun, it has HTC Sense 2.1, no lag at all).

I'm not very technical at all, just understand basic computing and as long as you follow step by step on the instructions, is easy.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
For chapulincolorado (classic), rooting is the way to go, just do a lot of reading throughout the forums before doing it and there are plenty of ROMs to enjoy (I'm currently using Honeybun, it has HTC Sense 2.1, no lag at all).

I'm not very technical at all, just understand basic computing and as long as you follow step by step on the instructions, is easy.

I am a total n00b at rooting. Which would be the best thread to start with specially via the Honeybun rom? :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
rufflez, it seems you're a legend in these forums, nice to see you everywhere, your knowledge precedes you.

Being a newbie, what does vanilla mean? I see this everywhere, I think is plain android, but not sure. Also, what does Blue mean? First time I see it.

Vanilla is plain, no sense, no custom anything. Its what you would see the emulator running (since thats where these are basically derived from). Blue is Vanilla, but blue-er. They run nice, the only thing I don't like is the keyboard in the blue themed ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech