New Sprint Hero, what to do?

archer7056

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Will be getting Hero later today or tomorrow, I was just wondering what I need to do to get the best out of the phone. I just want an easy experience with good battery life and as less lag as possible. I will basically be using the phone for light nav, web, text, and calls. Do I need to make any changes to the phone? Are there "must have apps to help performance?

I know nothing about "rooting" (not even what it means) and would like to know what that changes about the phone.

Thanks guys.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Prob don't need to root yoru hero unless you just like to tweak things. rooting allows you to access things under the hood and to be honest i'm not sure what the hero has available after root. allows you to add custom roms or (themes) and what not. you will want to install advanced task killer from the android market. sprint may even suggest that. you should do a forum search on proper use of task killers b/c used improperly they can cause your device to not function the way you want. (mainly by turning off services you may want to use) so i would do that. your battery life will be fine, it is a smartphone though so you will more than likely need to charge it every night. enjoy!!

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Prob don't need to root yoru hero unless you just like to tweak things. rooting allows you to access things under the hood and to be honest i'm not sure what the hero has available after root. allows you to add custom roms or (themes) and what not. you will want to install advanced task killer from the android market. sprint may even suggest that. you should do a forum search on proper use of task killers b/c used improperly they can cause your device to not function the way you want. (mainly by turning off services you may want to use) so i would do that. your battery life will be fine, it is a smartphone though so you will more than likely need to charge it every night. enjoy!!

lol, this guy - There are themes and then there are ROMs
Anyways,,

First thing I did was root, when you do you can speed your phone up, battery tweaks, OC, change the UI, wifi tether, and much more.

You don't need a task killer (it's a debatable topic and has been forever)

aquaboy1976

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
One thing I would suggest is AppBrain. That is an article from Android Central that explains what it is and how to use. Basically, it is an easy way to install apps to your phone using the browser on your computer. It is helpful to search apps as well!