Little Phone Storage on Custom ROMS?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I was using Zen's latest ROM and Fresh's latest ROM and after I install all my old apps, I only have 20-30 MB's left, and it really bogs my phone down. I have returned my phone back to stock because it runs so much faster and even after I return all my apps I still have like 70 MB's left. Why do customs take so much internal storage?

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was using Zen's latest ROM and Fresh's latest ROM and after I install all my old apps, I only have 20-30 MB's left, and it really bogs my phone down. I have returned my phone back to stock because it runs so much faster and even after I return all my apps I still have like 70 MB's left. Why do customs take so much internal storage?

Well we the devs where trying to give as much as possible to the end user, but the overall opinion of us lately was to return to a normal sized install and do addons that can be flashed. I just released my new rom this evening that has been changed to this method. it is just slightly larger than stock but 30 megs have been removed of extras.
I hope I explained this well enough
Have a great night

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
no you can always remove unwanted apps very easily with adb
sample of some htc bloat removal
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

cd /system/app