gmail IMAP...Pre and Hero...is this possible?

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased a Hero for my wife, and I really like it. I am thinking of replacing my Treo Pro with one also. I also currently use a Pre too. I really like the Pre and the way it handles email (IMAP IDLE), texts, and synergy. I would like to have my Pre and a Hero set up so my email was delivered to both as IMAP. So that if I deleted something on one ohone the other one would reflect those changes too. Also I would like my calendars and contacts to be up to date on both, regardless of which one that I used to add or make changes. I think the calendar and contacts should not be a problem, but I am not sure about the email issue. Is this possible with the Hero?

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Yup just use the gmail program on the hero. Worked fine for me until I turned off the Pre - forever....or at least until someone buys it lol.

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The UI experience is not as flashy or intuitive as the Pre. The Pre wins in this area for sure. I find the hero to be just as snappy as the Pre. In sheer terms of what the device can and can not do...the Hero wins by far. Probably the most powerful smart phone I've ever used.

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. The apps are nice on the Hero. I love my Pre, but it is heavily patched and homebrew'ed. My Treo Pro is a good phone, but I am getting a little tired of WinMo. I think that I am going to use the Hero and Pre for a while. One thing about the Hero that I really like is the build quality.

VinnyD

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I agree. The apps are nice on the Hero. I love my Pre, but it is heavily patched and homebrew'ed. My Treo Pro is a good phone, but I am getting a little tired of WinMo. I think that I am going to use the Hero and Pre for a while. One thing about the Hero that I really like is the build quality.

I would have to agree, I think Palm took a step in the right direction with the release of the Pre. But should have had a more extensive release of their OS for software developers prior to launch (but they didn't release it publicly because they didn't want the OS leaking), which would have drastically improved their app store. And Palm is being really slow on releasing their software updates. As I heard the only change with their recent software update is text forwarding. But they still haven't unlocked the on-screen keyboard, etc.

But the Android OS has been around longer, and I don't know if they experienced the same thing when it first released...