HTC Hero or Blackberry Storm 2

Digital Dave

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on either the HTC Hero or the Blackberry Storm 2. Things that are important to me when using a smartphone (currently the HP iPaq 6515) are as follows.

1) Email
2) Texting
3) interface
4) GPS navigation
5) Applications.

I have ruled out the iPhone as I think it's more of a toy. Both my kids are on blackberries (Bold and Curve) and swear I should go with the Storm. I want to stay with a touch screen. I realize that the Blackberry is all about business however I'm not. I like to have some fun also. I own my own business and recieve a lot of my clients from email contact from my web site.

Any help or incite would be appreciated.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
If you're a fan of constant battery pulls, having to reboot your phone after you install or uninstall an application, piecemeal OS updates than the Storm 2 is the phone for you.

If you want a solid device that's fun to use, customizable to you, responsive and greatly intuitive than the Hero is for you.

I was a long time BB user, now a Hero user and not looking back. My suggestion go get some hands on time with both phones and see which one you like best.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Email - Blackberry
Texting - Android
Interface - Toss Up (Android for me)
GPS Navigation - Android
Applications - Android

I have owned S1, Curve, and Tour. So I have experience with both OS's.

Digital Dave

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you're a fan of constant battery pulls, having to reboot your phone after you install or uninstall an application, piecemeal OS updates than the Storm 2 is the phone for you.

If you want a solid device that's fun to use, customizable to you, responsive and greatly intuitive than the Hero is for you.

I was a long time BB user, now a Hero user and not looking back. My suggestion go get some hands on time with both phones and see which one you like best.

Thanks for the information I'm hedging towards the Hero.

Digital Dave

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Email - Blackberry
Texting - Android
Interface - Toss Up (Android for me)
GPS Navigation - Android
Applications - Android

I have owned S1, Curve, and Tour. So I have experience with both OS's.

Thanks for your input. I have one other question. Where can you see the types of applications that are available. I know that Blackberry and iPhone allow this but why doesn't Android. Are they scared of the quality of their apps or is it a way to get you to buy the phone? seems a bit hokey to me!