MMS unable to Download?

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I did a hard reset and my mms worked after that. And i am still using handcent. It's only been a day and a half so I will let everyone know if it works a week from now. If it stops working i guess i will do another hard reset and stop using handcent.

luiscgreer

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Craziness

So I have the new Epic (Galaxy S) and was having major issues with MMS not downloading. When I turned of WiFi....it worked? What the cheese crackers is that all about? And I have crappy reception in my house...isnt that the biggest point of WiFi? anyhow...at least i can get some pics

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that really sucks that the epic has the same problem. I don't think all the android phones do. My hero with 2.1 still has the same problem, but I noticed that in Froyo, if it is a working build, it downloads them even if connected to Wifi, but it connects to both networks while downloading the message. I guess mms works differently with sprint than other companies. They should make an app that gets the pictures through the internet. you can look at them at this website:
pictures.sprintpcs.com

Ladilove194

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Settings to receive Handcent MMS messages.

I have found all the correct settings for Android to send and receive MMS.

On the Android settings itself:
Note: It doesn't matter if Wifi is on or off...the next steps will work,

On the Stock Messaging App:
1. Select Delete old messages
2. Unselect everything elses

On the Handcent App:
1. Go to settings, then Application Settings - Default Messaging App-Select Disable
2. In the Send Message settings - Select Auto Convert to MMS and Auto Resize and Auto Convert
3. Go to Receive Message settings - Uncheck auto receive, roaming auto retrieve and most important, UNCHECK Advance Download, check Auto Download,

It took me some trials and error but these enabled me to be able to send and receive MMS messages.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Settings to receive Handcent MMS messages.

I have found all the correct settings for Android to send and receive MMS.

On the Android settings itself:
Note: It doesn't matter if Wifi is on or off...the next steps will work,

On the Stock Messaging App:
1. Select Delete old messages
2. Unselect everything elses

On the Handcent App:
1. Go to settings, then Application Settings - Default Messaging App-Select Disable
2. In the Send Message settings - Select Auto Convert to MMS and Auto Resize and Auto Convert
3. Go to Receive Message settings - Uncheck auto receive, roaming auto retrieve and most important, UNCHECK Advance Download, check Auto Download,

It took me some trials and error but these enabled me to be able to send and receive MMS messages.

tried this, but still no MMS. actually, i couldnt find the Advance Download option, so i couldnt uncheck it. i decided to just use the stock messaging app for mms'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance