New Sprint update and battery life

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you on this one. Definately an improvement. I am averaging about 12-15% awake time now with moderate use over the past 24 hours. Just started back to work tonight since the update so I will give it a few days to see if I can really leave the charger at home but it looks like it is going to make it now.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Definitely noticed a huge improvement in battery life, and it hasn't even been 24 hours since I updated. I've only dropped 2 bars all day, and I'm a heavy user. No that's not a fat joke.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
And they finally fixed the standard messaging app as well so now the battery isn't drained when the phone is sleeping. Great update, my phone runs amazing now after uninstalling chompSMS (aka crapSMS, it slowed my phone down like none other, as well as Handcent). Loving Sprint right now. Can't wait to see 2.0 from HTC sometime soon.

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I only had the phone for two days prior to the update being released and since I was playing with the phone 24/7 I really can't make a good judgment on battery life. It seemed to be very very good at that point, considering that I played with it so much.

Post-Update:

Yesterday I wanted to see exactly how good of battery life I would get so I forced myself to stop messing with the phone unless it was just "normal" usage. I woke up and unplugged at 9:30. I read my emails (gmail) that came in over the night and responded to a few. Went out for my morning smoke and got caught up on my news sites (using WiFi). All in all through out the day I think I made four or five phone calls maybe amounting to twenty minutes of talking. Sent/recieved a hundred or so texts and spent at least an hour or two total browsing the web (with Wifi, wifi is always on). I downloaded beyondpod and downloaded a TWIT episode and listened to about half of it. At 3 AM I had 30% battery life. AMAZING!

The Palm Pre couldn't even make it from 8am till noon with out dropping down to 50 -60%. A lot of times even with out using it! The touch pro I had before I made the stupid decision of purchasing a Pre, might have been able to pull this off but I doubt it. Especially with wifi, I never used wifi with my pro because it ate batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae