Future update!

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The moderators on the official Sprint forums are promising another official update for the HTC Hero. It's not clear, however, is this will be a 2.1-update2 or actually a 2.2 update. But it confirms what I was told by Sprint tech-support last month, that an update is being tested which will address the common problems -- at the very least, the lag (which has got to be a memory leak somewhere). Not sure if it will address the BT problems, too.

I was told the update was scheduled for October 2010, and the moderators are telling people it's already being tested and could roll-out very soon.

Something to look forward to!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The moderators on the official Sprint forums are promising another official update for the HTC Hero. It's not clear, however, is this will be a 2.1-update2 or actually a 2.2 update. But it confirms what I was told by Sprint tech-support last month, that an update is being tested which will address the common problems -- at the very least, the lag (which has got to be a memory leak somewhere). Not sure if it will address the BT problems, too.

I was told the update was scheduled for October 2010, and the moderators are telling people it's already being tested and could roll-out very soon.

Something to look forward to!

Thats good news but the bad news is Sprint has already said the Hero will not get 2.2. I would think it would be a update to address twitter,gsd,and sprintTv as all three of those seems to have problems.(memory leaks or eat cpu) The big hopefully is that it address the connection issue that has been around ever since 2.1 was released.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Thats good news but the bad news is Sprint has already said the Hero will not get 2.2. I would think it would be a update to address twitter,gsd,and sprintTv as all three of those seems to have problems.(memory leaks or eat cpu) The big hopefully is that it address the connection issue that has been around ever since 2.1 was released.

it will be 2.2 not a 2.1 update.

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
How will this affect the existing 2.1 ROMs, if at all ? I mean, if HTC releases updated 2.1 modules for Sense, will the third-party ROMs need or want to update to use them?

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I would be very surprised if any updates that come are for 2.2. Sprint has been very clear that they wouldn't support 2.2 for the Hero. To be honest a 2.2 Hero might eat into sales of higher end phones.

Sent from my HTC Hero via Tapatalk

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Any updates will be 2.1, and it will be just fixing up what is broken. More than likely the devs wont need to update their ROMS as they have already fixed 2.1. Sprint will not put 2.2 on the Hero as their goal is to get you to buy the EVO and the Epic. Each phone has a 1 year shelf life as far as they are concerned and they arent going to put more money and effort into it than they have to.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they fix the phone app lag, my girl's Hero is horrid. I have used LauncherPro and Spare Parts with fast transitions to make everything else fast. Still something is leaking memory and that phone app is horrendous.

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they fix the phone app lag, my girl's Hero is horrid. I have used LauncherPro and Spare Parts with fast transitions to make everything else fast. Still something is leaking memory and that phone app is horrendous.

Yeah there is a memory leak somewhere. I'm starting to flashback to my Windows Mobile days dammit.

Sent from my HTC Hero via Tapatalk