Free Memory Question....

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I'm pretty new to the android scene, but must say I am really enjoying the platform.

I have a question.

I have Advanced Task Manager installed, and it is telling me I have 38MB of free memory.
I have mainly apps like Google Talk, Facebook, Messages, Gmail, Handcent SMS, Touchdown running.
Most of these are neecessary, apart form having messages and handcent. But I'm not sure how to stop using messages altogether.

Is that amount of memory decent enough ? Should I not use advanced task manager altogether ?

I'm not saying it's laggy, it's not really, but I feel it could do with a little more zing.

Any advice for anoob would be greatly appreciated.

:)

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
wow how many apps do you have installed? i have around 30 to 40 and have a lil over 100mb free space i do not use a task manager as for the stock messaging app open it up and hit menu then do in there and diable all the notifications then go in to setting applications >managae applications find messiging and clear the defaults that shoudl help with that

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
hmmm. weird. I have EXACTLY 14 apps that I have downloaded and installed.
SD Card and phone storage is telling me I have 90Mb of available space.
Adv Task Manager says I have 33Mb of free mem.
I currently have the following apps running.
Power Manager
Google Talk
Handcent SMS
Facebook
GMail
Dolphon Browser
Adv Task Manager

Is there a direct relation between free mem in adv task manager and the 90MB available ? I'm pretty confused.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
i have no idea download an app called internal memory widget mines says i have used 52mb out of 159 mb

in settings>sd card & phone storage mines says i have 107 mb available space

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
OK Internal Memory widget seems to be working OK.
Used 73 Mb out of 159, and settings says I have 86Mb availablem which agrees.
However, My task manager says available Memory = 27Mb. Where does it get that from ?

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've been checking that threadl
Thing is I.get concerned when icheckmy.task manager and I see Sprint tvwidget running when Its not even one of my widgets.
I don't trust allthese background apps and widgets ?

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've been checking that threadl
Thing is I.get concerned when icheckmy.task manager and I see Sprint tvwidget running when Its not even one of my widgets.
I don't trust allthese background apps and widgets ?

for me i didnt trust the task managers, its been over a month since ive used one my phone, not one problem (but then again im running a custom rom with all the sprint bloatwear deleted (i reinstalled the nfl and sprint tv apps)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2