Do I need a screen protector for my Hero?

mxu030

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I carry my phone in my pocket by itself and I am generally very careful with it. I understand that the Hero has glass screen which should be pretty scratch resistant but I was wondering if I should get some screen protectors on it anyway. Do you guys use protectors?

I have a black HTC Hero with the chin.

Thanks!

coldfire2122

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I have one on because I'm over protective of my gadgets. I work at a sprint store and we have taken keys and screwdrivers to the screen of returned units, it is extremely hard to scratch. Keys, screwdrivers and similar items will have a hard time scratching it if they even can at all but if you drop and it or find a object with the right sharpness it could possible get nailed. Better safe than sorry i guess.

mxu030

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm gonna get some screen protectors but not a case. I love the rubbery feeling of the case too much to cover it up! If it gets scratched up a little I can just buy a replacement battery cover instead.

I'm gonna miss how easy it is to wipe the mirror on glass though... with a screen protector it's harder to get the grime off with your shirt :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith