Power of Twitter and the 2.0.1 update.

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Power of Twitter and the 2.1 update.

***Please start sending your messages to @sprintcare, it seems to be an active Sprint twitter feed responding to customers***

It seems that a lot of companies are really taking advantage of twitter to communicate with customers at large. Some examples are Verizon and HTC announcing the Eris OS update, Sprint has announced items via twitter. Lot's of people follow these companies and I am sure that these companies search twitter for references to there name.

So I propose that we use the power of twitter to send a clear message to Sprint that we would like an Android 2.0.1 update and that we would like some sort of news confirming it. We don't need exact deadlines but just knowing that it's coming would be great news for the community. It would also benefit Sprint in the long run because potential and current customers would have a little bit more faith in buying a Hero at 179.99 knowing that it will be getting an update.

I am going to post this to a few other Sprint/Hero related forums. Everyone can start twitting now or we can try to get some clear defined message written out that we can all retweet. Please post any thoughts, inputs or messages that you have twitted @Sprint.

My twitter ID is kennyidaho.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
We don't want 2.0.1, that's 2.0 with Moto Droid related tweaks.
We want 2.1, which is in development and already released to GSM carriers for testing.

And all we need is a leak. The community can take care of the rest. ;)

Heck all I need is HTC to release the 2.x CDMA specific kernel drivers. I could build a decent kernel and hand it out to a few folks and have an amazing custom ROM within hours. We already have Sense 2.0

So yes, hound Sprint, Verizon and HTC on twitter, FB, Sprint and Verizon user forums, etc etc. Demand that the kernel source be released as the GPL requires!

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks gbhil, I update the thread title and I am in the process of updating across several sites now. So far about 10 people have followed me and maybe 6 of them have tweeted something about it. I keep retweeting whatever they tweet.

Don't be afraid to join in guys.

musicevo

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I have a Sprint hero, and with I could have 2.1 already. I wish I could have gmaps turn by turn, and the fresh new g-goggles app!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc