so im new to android and have some ?'s

jersey221

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i want to switch to the hero i love the way it looks i love the onscreen keyboard i can type fast with it its just easy to use....so what im wondering is i heard since htc put sense on the hero it makes it harder to upgrade the firmware is there any truth to that and since the samsung moment is running i think cupcake or something like that is that the same version of android as the hero?

and has anyone heard of new android phones coming to sprint should i wait till after ces to see?

jmcgarrell

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Theres always going to be new phones coming out on all carriers, so there will be new android phones coming out in some point in time next year.

As for firmware..... the HTC sence doesn't really delay any updates for android coming out. From what I have heard, is that sprint is the one currently delaying 2.1 coming out for the HTC Hero, and Moment.

The HTC Hero, and Samsung Moment both run android 1.5. Both are due to be upgraded to android 2.1 first half of 2010.

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Sprint has to be the one holding it up. Especially in the case of the Moment, update a few drivers and your done. No way it should take until next year.

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Just Sprint now. Probably checking for bugs if they actually have a reason for waiting this long, but otherwise it should have been on there already...