YouTube app refuses to work....

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this issue come up lately in other forums.

I am a new Sprint Hero owner (coming from a Pre and so far not looking back). However, I am a heavy YouTube surfer, and it seems like every other video result on the YouTube app gives me the "Sorry, cannot play this video error". Can anyone help me? I've tried the SD Card reset thing and that doesn't work. Does "jailbreaking it" work to fix this problem? This is the only thing that has left me missing my Pre :mad::confused::(

ItsMe

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Is this an issue with the fact that the browser doesn't play the videos but sends them to a separate video viewer and sometimes it doesn't start up and tried to play in the browser?

mrslarr

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
you tube wont play

My eris gets the same error every other video as well. I keep insisting and eventually Erie finds a player that works. I'm not happy struggling like that. Our technology should be past those kinds of probs. :)

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
My eris gets the same error every other video as well. I keep insisting and eventually Erie finds a player that works. I'm not happy struggling like that. Our technology should be past those kinds of probs. :)

Yea no crap...it sucks. This is prolly the only thing i miss from my Pre...Youtube worked

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is a bigger problem then just you guy's android phones... Youtube has not been working on the pre's as of late either very well... I wonder if it is not a phone specific issue? Maybe Ill look over in other forums and see if they are having issues.. Ive started a thread at precentral as well..

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is a bigger problem then just you guy's android phones... Youtube has not been working on the pre's as of late either very well... I wonder if it is not a phone specific issue? Maybe Ill look over in other forums and see if they are having issues.. Ive started a thread at precentral as well..

Now thats very interesting considering I just made my switch from the pre to the hero on saturday and the youtube app was working just fine then. Hmm....I wonder why its hitting some devices sooner than later :(

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
the sad thing is i never use youtube, but now that i got the hero i wanted to check it out and have not been able to get any videos to play through the app since saturday (dec 19). through the browser i have had success playing vids that are embedded, the htc flash player opens and plays the video with no problem.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
the sad thing is i never use youtube, but now that i got the hero i wanted to check it out and have not been able to get any videos to play through the app since saturday (dec 19). through the browser i have had success playing vids that are embedded, the htc flash player opens and plays the video with no problem.

Yea but being able to access youtube quicker is nicer than having to open more programs.

makeshift326

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Same thing here... this morning, it was working fine. This evening, either I get "video cannot be played"... OR ... the screen is blacked out or paused (no video movement although sound is playing) ...

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Thanks.

rod

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok it has been some time since the last post. As of today no luck on my non rooted 1.5 Hero by Sprint. Get the message can not play video. Any out there that can help?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok it has been some time since the last post. As of today no luck on my non rooted 1.5 Hero by Sprint. Get the message can not play video. Any out there that can help?

I just attempted to watch a video "David After Dentist" I got the error the first time, worked the second time in the app
the same video worked the first time I tried it through the browser. I am on an unrooted Hero. Mine is a "with Google" Device, how about yours? I believe people started complaining about this after the 1.56 build update :/ Hopefully this is addressed after 2.1. I've been fortunate though not to have this issue (even though I don't watch youtube videos on my phone).

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think this has something to do with Youtube switching over to HTML5 over Flash. Before, all videos were Flash, but today, most videos are HTML5, which will require an update in order to be seen.. I've noticed this problem too, and I think this may be why, but again, I'm not sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca