Weather Widget Updates?

gus_mccrae

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, is it just me or is there no rhyme or reason for how & when the weather widget updates? I can go for hours w/o an update and then sometimes get a couple of updates in a row. Then just now I got an update that correctly said sunny but the moon icon showed up. What gives?

sfox

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing lately. I don't have any task killers running, I've removed the widget, readded it, turned auto updates off and on...it even acts odd with manual updates. I have the weatherbug widget running as well and that always seems correct. I'd love to have an answer to this as well.

Seth

rudolph7

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
if your phone is sleeping then it will not update. If your gps is off then it will not auto update. The best way is to have gps on and then wake your phone up and filp screens and come back to the screen you have weather on.

Last edited:

gus_mccrae

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks rudolph, didn't realize it was gps dependent. I just have location on but not gps.

How much of a battery hog is gps?

Last edited:

ItsMe

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
There is still a separate issue with the homescreen widget vs when you tap on the weather and get the full page weather screen. You can update the full screen and the homescreen widget wont update.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Are there any good alternatives to the SenseUI clock and weather widget? Even something that's seperate? I still want to keep that info on my homescreen but I'd like to play around with what's out there.

gus_mccrae

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I bought Weather Widget for $1.50 in the market - it's close to the senseui widget. I'm not using it b/c the clock doesn't refresh exactly with the system clock but YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995