Another BB user jumping ship...

TuffDadSF

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Last night I got an early Christmas gift, the HTC Hero. Holy crap! I love this thing so far. I was VERY wary of leaving my Blackberry (tricked out Curve 8330) and was really wanting to switch to a touchscreen version of the BB, which was really just a bit of iPhone envy. But the more research I did I learned that the Storm is simply a Blackberry OS that has touch screen capabilities. Nothing much different. The iPhone is pretty - but only one app at a time? Puh-leeze.

Then I came upon the Android OS. The more I read the more I figured out that the HTC Hero is one of the best Android's out there right now. After watching the videos of it in action and even after hearing some of the horror stories (well, FIXABLE horror stories) I was hooked. I'm a total techie and this is like being a kid in a... at E3!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I have a couple questions which I'll pose in another post. Coming from Crackberry it's good to see that Android Central is the equivalent.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Welcome, you'll should come to love Android. I left my Tour behind Oct 9th when Best Buy did the early release and I have to say I couldn't be happier.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
haha their is another outage today.
i just joined this forum because i am thinking of joining the android movement.

the blackberry os is simple but old and tired.
i am just worried about battery life with the hero

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Have had the Hero since day one of the Best Buy early release and haven't had battery issues. With any smartphone you have to be smart about managing the resources.

chapaj

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting an HTC Hero too. Replacing my BB Tour. I love BlackBerry but the reception on the Tour is horrible. It so bad, I can't even use it at home or at work. How is the reception on the Hero? I read it's much better. Also, I feel it's time for something new. While I love BB, they are still stuck in the past as far as their OS goes.

rgss06

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Chapaj I am a truck driver that had a treo before the Hero. The reception on the Hero is much better compared to that phone. I know, not a BB but just stating, great reception as far as I am concerned. Also the battery lasts as long or a bit longer on the Hero than I got out of the treo, and the treo had a bigger battery than stock in it. Although I have the new 3500 battery on the way. That ought give give this phone great uptime, as I have all of the gps updating and tracking stuff running. This phone is finer than frog hair as far as I am concerned, very satisfied, hope you are too if you do get one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084