haveing problems

bigboy96

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
iam having lots of problems with my hero ever since i updated it. when i try to go to a apps or menu iam having to push it more then 5 times just to get there sometimes phone go black screen i have to restart it when i make a call the phone stalls willnt make the call then a few min later the call gos through anyone having this problem or can help me out

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and have recovery installed I would nandroid back to a working backup. If not the run an RUU from your computer. It is as easy as plugging the phone in via usb and running an exe. I did a quick search but didn't see the RUU for 2.1 update 7, but check this post on XDA:

[GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

It has the RUU in the second post to update 5, and instructions to root. If you want your phone to work much better then ever before run that RUU, then flash a custom ROM. Your phone will work much better than ever before.

bigboy96

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
ok my dum ass still needs some help out this how far i got i see the fast boot file in the tools where i think it should go now the recovery file i dont see that.not sure where to down load it at i did try the link that was posted on the forums but it come up with blank screen and then on my phone do i need to hold the back and power button when i turn it on to get to the fast boot.sorry but iam new to this updateing phone stuff way different from updateing fta boxes if anyone could help i would be so greatfull

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted the hero again... I RUU back to stock for a visit to the sprint store (I got an EVO, wife taking the hero). I re-rooted it because stock the hero kinda sucks.
I followed these directions and they worked like a charm.

[ROOT] Easy Root, works with any Stock ROM (Including 2.31.651.7!) - xda-developers

The android SDK is here if you need it:

Android SDK | Android Developers

Also, My computer already had ADB working and the SDK, but It was a pain when I first did it. If you have a problem getting the ADB drivers to install then try installing this program (PDA net):

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android

It installed the ADB drivers for my Hero when I couldn't get anything to work.

Good luck.

bigboy96

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
ok this is driveing me crazy really my head is spining right now .this is where iam at right now ( i have this screen up on my pc that says ANDROID SDK AND AVD MANAGER ) off to the side it says
virtual devices
installed packages
available packages
setting
about
if i click on installed packages this is what it says
google api by google inc android api 8 revision 2
api 7 revision 1
api 4 revision 2
api 3 revision 3
usb driver pagage revision 3
market licensing package revision 1
i really thik iam doing something wrong with trying to up date this phone right it cannt be this hard can it

bigboy96

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
ok i think i got it back to the to the way you said filmware is 2.1 update 1
software is 2.27651.5
release keys 2.27651.5 cl169236
not iam not sure but let me ask his on more time do i use the htc sync managers application installer to load the new sdk file or fastboot or the recovery file.and my phone has to be off or on before loading.iam not sure if i had loaded it or not but i used that application installer to load that NFX-sprint stock file i now just used it to install that rootme super user please let me know if iam doing some wrong or right

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, it sounds like you want to install the NFX stock ROM. since you returned to stock 2.1, you will need to root the phone. Follow the guide that Fazulka referenced a few posts up.
Once you root download the NFX file, it should be a zip file. From there you will need to load it through recovery by powering off and holding home+power.

You will be in recovery mode from that point and have the option to flash and zip from the sd card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos