Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Has any one tried this battery available now on seidoonline.com? My standard battery does not make it through a whole day. I have tried just about everything I can think of settings wise. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I've just ordered it tonight, looking forward to seeing what kind of up-time I get with it. I get 12 hours out of my stock battery, but I'd like to be able to go two days or so between charges. :)

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for stepping up to the plate and giving this a try. Please keep us informed of how it well it works.
I get around 10 hours of time on my stock battery. The only complaint on this wonderful phone.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for stepping up to the plate and giving this a try. Please keep us informed of how it well it works.
I get around 10 hours of time on my stock battery. The only complaint on this wonderful phone.

10 hours? Wow, I don't know what you do with your phone but I get 36-48 hours.

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I contemplated getting the 3500mAh, but instead went with the 1800mAh from Mugen. I figured a 450mAh jump would be sufficient since I already get decent battery life. Plus the 1800 isn't any bigger than the stock battery allowing you to use your stock backplate.

I'll let you know my results once I get it.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I contemplated getting the 3500mAh, but instead went with the 1800mAh from Mugen. I figured a 450mAh jump would be sufficient since I already get decent battery life. Plus the 1800 isn't any bigger than the stock battery allowing you to use your stock backplate.

I'll let you know my results once I get it.

Stock is 1500mAh, so the Mugen will give an extra 300mAh. From reports I've read, it adds an extra three or so hours to the phone life. Xda has a thread in the CDMA hero section about the Mugen.

husker723#AC

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Here's a dumb question. If it is possible to make a longer lasting battery, then why don't the manufacturers put the best one that will fit in the phone as a stock battery? One of the biggest complaints with the newer phones is poor battery life. My Pre was terrible and the Hero could be better. Just put the biggest battery that you can stuff in the back of the phone in there and save us all some aggravation.

fmxbrando

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If i were to use my phone for only calls I could probably get 36 to 48 hours haha. But as soon as I think about texting, or heaven forbid internet browsing, the phones battery drains like its racing another equally terrible smart phone.

kehanra99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So how do you get 36 to 48 hours? Please share your secrets

I don't know if they are secrets really.

I rarely use it as an actual phone. I'd say 80-90% of my communication is texting. I poll 3 email accounts every 15 minutes. I use the end button to put the screen back to sleep as soon as I'm done using it. I leave my GPS off unless I use an app that calls for it and I just about never use wifi because it isn't much faster than the mobile network. I sit in front of a computer all day at work and I have a laptop at home so I only use the browser when I'm out and about or sitting on the john. I don't use the phone for music and I only play videos from youtube from time to time. I use the automatic dimmer too.

Oh yeah, and widgets or programs that use pop-ups are battery killers. If you use handcent with pop ups enabled the new message keeps your phone active until you read or close it. When I had pop-ups going for handcent my uptime was 25-30%.

That's about it really...

My uptime in status rarely shows more than 15% and alot of the time it shows closer to 10-11%. For instance, right now in the past 44 hour my uptime is 11%.

rgss06

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I ordered this battery about a week ago, got an email a couple days ago saying it is shipped. Can't wait to get it and give it a try. Should at least double the battery life, after a week or so of charge/discharge cycles. I will be able to ditch this silicon case also, since it has a non slip coating on the new back cover. So the extra 4mm should feel about like I am used to now with the phone and silicon case combination. Will keep you posted.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I just received mine today, its charging atm. One thing I knew was the innocase I had purchased with the combo from Seidio wasn't going to fit, but with the new battery cover, the spring clip holster fits! I'm glad about that at least, I didn't want to lose both the case and the holster. It doesn't add a TON of size, and I like the way it feels in my hand. I also like how the battery cover is made of the same hard rubberized material that the innocase is, so I don't have to worry about scuffing it up. I'm sure its going to take a few cycles to give a better impression on how long the usage increases, but I'll keep you posted!

KCaudell

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
36-48???

You must have every service other than telephone turned off and never talk. With reasonably heavy use I'm lucky to get 10 hours. If I leave on bluetooth, wifi, and data service I'm lucky to get 8. Everything off I'll get 12.

Power management is very important on this phone.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Update -

Well, it came off the charger at 3:30pm today saying 100%. I have been hammering it mercilessly for 6 hours now. Streaming Pandora for six hours straight, Turned on GPS, set all of my social network notifications to the quickest pull intervals, and my mail also. I have had the web browser open for nearly three hours, had three calls of around 20 minutes each, have weather update on, and my awake time since I pulled the battery off the charger is 100%. I am sitting at 75% right now. I am trying to get the battery low so I can get a full charge for the next cycle, but this damn thing won't go down. I guess I'll try to download a game or something and play it while listening to Pandora. This thing is a beast....

MSK01

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Wow. I'm amazed. I don't really use my Hero for much at the moment besides texting. Mines been off the charger for about 10 hours and it's at 2/3's battery life left. Of course this is a really good day with it.

jose2020

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Update -

Well, it came off the charger at 3:30pm today saying 100%. I have been hammering it mercilessly for 6 hours now. Streaming Pandora for six hours straight, Turned on GPS, set all of my social network notifications to the quickest pull intervals, and my mail also. I have had the web browser open for nearly three hours, had three calls of around 20 minutes each, have weather update on, and my awake time since I pulled the battery off the charger is 100%. I am sitting at 75% right now. I am trying to get the battery low so I can get a full charge for the next cycle, but this damn thing won't go down. I guess I'll try to download a game or something and play it while listening to Pandora. This thing is a beast....

I need to order that beast

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my second charge. The phone has been on, and off the charger since 12pm on Sunday. I am sitting at 70% on Monday at 2pm. I'm really liking the usage I am getting out of this. I did not beat on it too much yesterday, just a lot of normal use. I figure at this rate, I will have to charge it every three or so days.

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I got the Seido Innocell 1750mah. This is my first day. Its already 4:00pm and I still got 60% of my battery. It looks like it will make it through the day. At this point with the std batterry I was down to 40%. Thats enough for me. And the instructions say it will perform better after 5-6 full charge and discharge. Dont want to add bulk to my phone and have to buy another case if I get the 3500.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad