According to Inside Sprint Now, Hero will be released October 7. With Tethering!

ja2038

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Over at Inside Sprint Now, the blogger has two posts saying that Sprint will release the Hero on October 7th, not October 11th. Has anyone heard anything like that

HTC Hero launches October 7th. User Guide here.

Also, he has put up the User Guide, and on page 108, under "Mobile Network Sharing", it says:

Mobile Network Sharing
Your device?s data capabilities enable you to use its high-speed data connection as a modem for your
laptop computer. You can send and receive email and browse the Internet anywhere on the Nationwide
Sprint Network.
1. Make sure your device?s data connection is turned on. See ?Getting Started With Data Services? to learn
how to turn on the device?s data connection.
2. Connect the device to the computer using the provided USB cable.
3. Press > and tap Settings > Wireless controls.
4. Select the Mobile network sharing check box.
Important You need to install HTC Sync (page 52) before you can use mobile network sharing.
Note When using mobile network sharing, the USB mass storage feature is disabled. Also, you will not be able to use
HTC Sync.

I do appreciate how nicely confusing it is to say that HTC Sync is needed, but can't be used. Huh?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
While I would love to see the Hero come out on the 7th I just don't think it will. There has been no official word from Sprint and no other large blogs have any word of an early release. Would be nice though, just doubtful.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I saw someone post on sprintusers.com that Reward Zone customers will be able to pick up from Best Buy on the 9th. Haven't been able to confirm with BB, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, I put a $50 deposit today at Best Buy and I am a reward zone customer, she told me Oct 11th., she didn't say anything about the 8th or 9th, but she did say that I am #4 in the pre orders list.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I do appreciate how nicely confusing it is to say that HTC Sync is needed, but can't be used. Huh?
That is confusing. What it means is that HTC Sync the PC application must be installed to the PC for the drivers to be available, but when you are using the phone tethered you can't use the HTC Sync synchronisation ability on the phone to sync conctacts etc. via USB

Dave

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Confirmed. I went in and talked to my buddy who works there today and Reward Zone members will be able to pick theirs up on Friday, Oct 9th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781