Install new market on CDMA Hero

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So I've got the new market on my Nook Color & I think it's pretty sweet. But does anyone know if it's available for the Hero? I tried side-loading it using the same .apk as for the NC but it's failed to work. Whether that's a result of the .apk being a version only for the NC or if the Hero doesn't support the new Market I couldn't say, I'm not fluent enough in such.

Hero with CyanogenMod 6.1, Android 2.2

Thanks to anyone who replies!

mjgron

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the "new" market can be installed on the CMDA Hero

I was able to install the new market on the cdma Hero running cm6.1 and ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1

Two phones two different methods:
phone 1)
I wiped the phone after rooting, then installed rom manager from the market, while installing the rom manager a mandatory update was installed on the phone, the update included the new market. Then I flash with cm6.1 and the new market was still there.

phone 2)
I had no luck installing the market from an apk file. It needed to flashed. Here is how I did it.
1) get the new market update.zip from xda forum (for ROM Cyanogen 6)
2) nand backup
3) make sure you have the latest version of GApps, follow the like from here wiki
4) wipe cache
5) flash the market with the update.zip file from step 1

Reactions: red.drako

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip mjgron! I got the new market on my phone but it constantly says the process "com.android.vending" has stopped working so it keeps crashing out & requires a Force Close. It occurs 2-3 seconds after launching the market then repeats the error about 4 seconds after that.

Any advice?

EDIT: I reflashed the GAPPs MDPI on it & I've got the old Market back without it crashing. I guess that's leaving me where I left off. :/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173