Screen Cleanliness OCD

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I just wanted to "poll the audience" out there about something that is a big (although non-serious) issue for me. I have a crazy obsession with wiping clean my Sprint Hero's screen. I even considered against getting it because I was afraid that I'd be too annoyed with the fingerprints on the screen! Not to worry - I love the phone and am glad I got it. And no, I don't let my OCD about the screen go *too* far (but I do carry an eyeglasses cleaning cloth with me to clean it often).

Does anyone else have a similar obsession? If so, any tips or tricks you use? Alternatively, does anyone have any "dirty screen" horror stories?

Khaag27

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I like my screen clean as well. I have this screen protector on it, but it is like a makeup magnet. I am really thinking about taking it off. It seems like since the screen protector is on it. It just smears around.

SoHo

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I clean my screen pretty much every time I use it too. There is just something about fingerprints that bother me on the phone's screen when I am using it.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I got a cheap screen protector and it's awesome. I hated the smudges too, and the protector I got causes a LOT fewer than the screen w/out. I don't have to clean it nearly as much :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Joshua I'm totally OCD about this with my Droid and have been with all my phones. With my HTC phones I always used a product called iKleer to keep the screens clean. It works awesome!! However, with the Droid specifically, I've notice a little soapy water with a clean cloth works better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I put on a Skinomi skin, and I am cleaning less often that I was when it was uncovered, but I still clean it with an eyeglass cloth at least once a day.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I am the same way. Though I don't believe in screen protectors and I never scratch any of my screens, guess I am just more careful than most. Buy yourself some iKlear like Cory mentioned above... best stuff you can buy if you love clean screens.

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
I have a small grey microfiber type cloth and to be honest, i wrap it around it all the time. i take it with me and wrap it around my phone when it's in my pocket. my coworkers make fun of me about cleaning my screen every time I get it out lol

Gambit#WP

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Smudges don't bother me too much. If they really start becoming noticeable, a quick wipe across my shirt or pant leg clears the screen good as new and no scratches.

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am totally obsessed with cleaning my screen. i have cloths and im constantly wiping it on the knee of my pants. Its maddening. but i guess that is just what comes with touch screen territory...

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit off when it comes to my screen. I refuse to use a screen protector because of the bubbles. I just clean it with my shirt when ever I use it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Buy a Boxwave Anti-glare. It reduces smudges significantly, makes the screen easier to read outdoors, and also provides a better feel (IMHO) when sliding your finger across the screen.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I use microfiber cloths that I have at home, in my car,and that I have placed at work. Seems to do the trick with no visible scratches yet (which is paramount).

creativehamza15

Mar 24, 2019
Visit site
Just a Random Off Topic Question here; I am planning to spend the earth day this year with my family. I would like to let my children know that what are the steps that we have to take in order to save the planet and save our future generations as well. For this, I and my children are going to plant a tree in our garden. I need a suggestion if any of you have even a little bit of knowledge about gardening, let me know which plants should I grow this 22nd of April on the occasion of earth day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969